Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50 degrees, sunny, very little wind, decided to run 15 rounds thru the 24/7.
Have to keep in practice, even during an ammo shortage.
Shot my XTP 124gr. reloads at 15 yards, not really rapid fire, but as fast as I could reacquire the target.

Green Leaf Sport venue Line Pattern

Cannot figure out why one shot in the 8-ring.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Great shooting, friend!

Any one of those shots would put a BG "down for the count". ;)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
At 15 yds, that's nice shootin'!
Believe a BG would reassess his life choices with that kind of persuasion.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also did some .22 shooting.
Black circled was 50 yards bench full support with my Stevens single shot and a 4X scope.
Unmarked is with the Savage "Evil Camo Rifle" and scope at 16X.
Target archery Circle Diagram Recreation Parallel

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
I'm jealous! We got 5 inches of snow so far and it's still snowing. Wind chill around 0!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Mighty nice Shooting, remind me to knock twice before coming into your Abode! LoL

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't stand it! Had to go out and shoot another 5 rounds, this time at 25 YARDS standing 2 hands strong side.
The red Sharpie did not show up very well so I used PaintShop Pro to circle the holes.
The black holes were the 15 yard shots from a few days ago.

Green Sport venue Circle

Since I only have 10 of these $1 each targets, going to shoot the crap out of each one before changing.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'm glad somebody is having fun.

I badly need to go to the range. I have 2 pistols to sight in as well as 3 rifles. When we get any good weather I feel guilty about not doing outside work around the house but lately it's been damp and drizzly. It's pouring rain right now.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Cannot figure out why one shot in the 8-ring.
Was the barrel clean when you started? Might have been a fouling shot. I've noticed something with my pellet gun. If I lube the barrel and fire a shot I get 1100 fps velocity. The very next shot will drop down to 850 fps, and that's pretty much where it stays. Wouldn't be surprised if the same kind of thing happens with firearms, but I've never checked it on the chrono. JAT

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I always start with a clean barrel. Maybe that's why the 7-ring shot today.
124gr. XTP, copper jacket, so I don't know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.