Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first handgun purchase from many moons ago. Colt 1991A1. Put it up for sale and had a guy haggle then haggle some more. Gave me too long to come to my senses...

Been riding around in my truck for the past 15 years and it showed. Never shot much because it is not all that accurate haha. I use my PT1911 when I wanna hit the target. So decided to show her a little love...

A new black trigger will be found and maybe some black and silver aluminum grips...it's never ending...

Attachments

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
Cera-Koat is our friend!
an old Pt1911B that was all splotchy looking form being touched up over many years, nice new smooth Cera-Koat, got about 800 rounds through her since the job was done.
seems to be holding up very well.
Burnt Bronze & Graphite Black

Attachments

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
That's a beauty!

Reactions: olfarhors and FZ1

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Cera-Koat is our friend!
an old Pt1911B that was all splotchy looking form being touched up over many years, nice new smooth Cera-Koat, got about 800 rounds through her since the job was done.
seems to be holding up very well.
Burnt Bronze & Graphite Black
As is that one!
Holy cow, now I need to start looking for one of these?? Jeesh, y'all are hard on the pocketbook...

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice FZ1. I think it's asking for a proper beavertail too.
I'm thinking you are right...the search continues!

olfarhors...that is a great color combo. The finish on my PT1911 is still in the "ok" stage but am gonna have it done someday.

TXEric...which one? lol

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I first commented on yours, then after posting saw olfarhors' pics, so ... BOTH I guess!
I really need to get a 1911 of some flavor. Would love a PT, but would also like to have a smaller one, like the Para Slim Hawg, or the Colt New Agent.
Y'all need to quit doing this to me!!

Reactions: darbo and FZ1

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
I first commented on yours, then after posting saw olfarhors' pics, so ... BOTH I guess!
I really need to get a 1911 of some flavor. Would love a PT, but would also like to have a smaller one, like the Para Slim Hawg, or the Colt New Agent.
Y'all need to quit doing this to me!!
Thanks Guys!
another nice combo to me is the Military OD green on the frame and slide and Armory black on all the controls and buttons!
slide stop, beavertail, trigger, mag release, etc.
started to get this one done that way but the burnt bronze won out!
OK, Eric don;t look any lower now!
This ATI Titan and ATI Commander walks into this bar and sitting there was this Para LTC Commnder----he-he-he.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice!

olfarhors how is that Para? I'm thinking of adding the Para 14-45 to the mess.

Went digging through my 1911 parts stock pile...haha. That's when you know you have it bad, when you have a gun junkyard.

Here she is all blacked out...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I just pulled my first AR Duracoat job today right after work so gonna see what it looks like come Monday. It does spruce things up. Good looking 1911s guys

Reactions: FZ1

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Did you do the cerakote yourself?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you do the cerakote yourself?
No. But they did the job for just under $200. Even fixed the loose safety plunger tube. I know it's all in my head but feels like a new gun :D

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Thanks Guys!
another nice combo to me is the Military OD green on the frame and slide and Armory black on all the controls and buttons!
slide stop, beavertail, trigger, mag release, etc.
started to get this one done that way but the burnt bronze won out!
OK, Eric don;t look any lower now!
This ATI Titan and ATI Commander walks into this bar and sitting there was this Para LTC Commnder----he-he-he.
DAMMIT! I looked...

Reactions: olfarhors and FZ1

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
Nice!
olfarhors how is that Para? I'm thinking of adding the Para 14-45 to the mess.
Went digging through my 1911 parts stock pile...haha. That's when you know you have it bad, when you have a gun junkyard.
Here she is all blacked out...
Yeaaa!
Now that looks a lot better to me FZ!
I know what you mean I have been saying that i am going to go through the parts boxes and build a frankenstein 1911 , got plenty of parts!!-- gee I am a sick puppy!
OH , the Para is a sweet one, the LTC is an alloy frame and shes very light, even lighter than the ATI Titan thats a defender size. the LTC comes factory with all the options, fiber optic front sight, adjustable vent trigger, light weight hammer, very good carry 1911 being commander size and lightweight.
I did take the rubber grips off it and put a set of raasco that i had on it and seems to have tamed the muzzle jump down for me??
??who knows??
But i like it better with the raasco.s on it.
I also got a Para G I Expert thats been just a fanatastic full sized 1911, so they rank high on my list.

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
No. But they did the job for just under $200. Even fixed the loose safety plunger tube. I know it's all in my head but feels like a new gun :D
Thats about the going rate for around here as well!
150-200 bucks!
i got a friend that does it as a hobby/enjoyment so only cost me materials (85 bucks for 2 guns) actually 1 1/2 guns as i had the slide only done on my Pt19111AL, and that will take me back on subject of this psot, sorry didn't mean to hi-jack the post guys!
The slide on the AL may look a bit uneven but its actually just oil as this was right after i got it back from the buddy and i cleaned it for storage in the safe, its a nice flat black and you can read every letter on the banner of the slide..

Attachments

Reactions: FZ1

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is a great looking PT1911! Have you seen any in "un" traditional colors? I'm thinking I'm thinking outside the box for my PT1911...

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
That is a great looking PT1911! Have you seen any in "un" traditional colors? I'm thinking I'm thinking outside the box for my PT1911...
Thanks! yep that AL is one sweet shooting Pt1911 as well.
heck go to the Cera-kote website and you can look all day at the pictures that people have sent in, there are some really wild ones on there!
gives you a lot of ideas.
MY buddy did a revolver that was metalic blue frame and metalic red cylinder (ladies gun) thats about as wild as I have actually seen, he added a lot of hardener and it came out pretty glossy!
I believe they offer about 100 different colors?
thats another thing that you can do is adjust the amount of shine by adding or reducing the amount of hardener you put in it, all mine are flat gloss with no reflectivity.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That stuff works nicely. Very nice!
Yes it does. The pics don't really show how great the finish is. If you get a chance check out some pieces up close. The look and feel is really sweet. Almost feels like it is ceramic coated.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts