Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a list of all pistols and revolvers issued to U.S. law enforcement agencies. Does anyone have any direction? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
94 Posts
If anyone has this list, it won't be free. That would take a lot of work to get that data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,149 Posts
Colt Official Police revolver for those Barney Fife's out there.

Reactions: jtg452

·
Administrator
40,270 Posts
I'm sure there are still agencies out there, that allow officers to provide their own. With some restrictions of course.

Reactions: jtg452

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
Dude -- they've got more weapons and ordnance than you can imagine.
They have armored vehicles, aircraft, sophisticated electronics -- question is what don't they have?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
One of my aunt's step-sons is a police officer in Oregon. When he was in Kentucky a month back, we had a conversation about what his department issued. He said they're pretty much allowed to carry anything they want providing it's either in 9mm, .40 S&W or .45 ACP. He said his personal sidearm is what a lot of departments use, a Glock 22. IIRC, the Louisville Police Department issues Glocks to their officers as well.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I don't know how relevant such a list would be. Quite a few departments no longer issue guns, Houston (HPD) requires you to furnish your own weapon which from the list is just about any of the major brands (Glock, Sig, S&W, Springfiled, Beretta...) in 9mm, 40 S&W, and as of fairly recently .45. Even 1911's have recently been approved. You even see an occasional revolver on an older officer where they "grandfathered" them in. I saw a cop with what was clearly a S&W 686 just the other day. Reportedly the Chief carries a Colt 1911.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Dude -- they've got more weapons and ordnance than you can imagine.
They have armored vehicles, aircraft, sophisticated electronics -- question is what don't they have?
Exactly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts