Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to "relocate" a cottonmouth today at my cousins house.
It is the Second time this month its been sunning in the flower bed. The first time was before the freeze last week. My cousin saw it. She wasn't sure but she thought it was poisonous. It moved off down the flower bed before she could do anything. I almost got bit today in the same spot she saw last time. My foot was moving down to step in the flower bed and the snake turned Its head. Its movement stopped me. My foot would have landed six inches to the left of the coiled pit viper if i had stepped down.
For a second i thought it was a large garder snake. It was the same color as the pine straw, Perfectly matching. But the pit viper head was hard to miss. I called my cousin over and she said yep, that's what i saw.
When i relocated it, i could see the pattern under the golden brown and it showed me Its cotton mouth and fangs. It was just over a foot long and fat like a sausage. I relocated it in five different spots!
I might be getting old but i didn't get old by not knowing how to walk in the world full of nasty little critters.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Some critters need all the help we can give them.

·
21,915 Posts
Good eye! Glad you were both careful.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
We have lots of snakes here in so, Mobile county. I rarely see a poisonous snake though.
The wife wants all snakes killed- but I don't do it. I move them out of her sight. I know the good they do. I have only seen 1 poisonous snake here where I live- been here since 76.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have lots of snakes here in so, Mobile county. I rarely see a poisonous snake though.
The wife wants all snakes killed- but I don't do it. I move them out of her sight. I know the good they do. I have only seen 1 poisonous snake here where I live- been here since 76.
I was in Mobile. Greott and shillingers area

1 - 6 of 6 Posts