Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a bucketlist goal for many years of riding my horse to the LGS to purchase a pistol. Today was the day, sunny and 50ish out, 1993 Taurus PT101SS won on an online auction waiting to be picked up and an 11 year old Polish Arabian ready to go. The 24 mile round trip went great. My horse is very new to riding so it took a while (average moving speed of 3.9 MPH on the GPS) but that's ok we're building a base for endurance racing not setting records. The worst problem of the day being I forgot to take a pic of him at the hitching post in front of the shop ain't all bad. All tolled a great day and crossed one off the list.

Anyhow, the bitter part. Got home, set up a tin can and a milk jug full of water, 5 shots later the rear sight was crooked. Found the roll pin at the front of the sight broken. Might have one at the shop tomorrow, if not the hardware store will. It should be up and running tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That is bittersweet -- especially with firearms! But at least you had a good day with the horse!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Glad this didn't go like your title might suggest. Your gun will be fixed in due time.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
31,897 Posts
Yeah, sounded like the horse was stubborn and you put it down!:)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Glad the horse is ok, you had me worried, lol! Weapon will be fine.:jiml:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Actually sounds like a darn good day. It's things like this that truly add richness to our lives. Even though there were problems with the gun, the experience and memories will last a life time and will most likely bring a smile of satisfaction few people will understand.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
...It's things like this that truly add richness to our lives.

Even though there were problems with the gun, the experience and memories will last a life time and will most likely bring a smile of satisfaction few people will understand.
Very well stated!

I'm sure this will be a day he will never forget.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congrats on a great day over all and it is nice to see that the electronic age has caught up to the horse world, speedometers on horses. Whats will they think of next? :D

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Crap, man, I don't even like horses and was afraid to read the opening post! :eek:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.

Almost forgot.

Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the concerned replies and the compliments you guys, I didn't mean to sound any alarms, just posted kinda quick.

Anyhow, the gun was an easy fix and it shoots great.

On the horse tech subject, he has a wireless heart rate monitor in his near future. The sender goes under the cinch and allows the rider to monitor heart rate and recovery from the saddle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts