Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking delivery on a NIB PT-111 yesterday. And while talking to my FFL, he was saying that there is an expected offer coming to dealers to clear out a large amount of PT-111 pistols.

The catch is that this large cache of inventory is in the brown frame with black slide finish. We are not taking FDE beige color poly, this is BROWN. Which does look better than it sounds, of course maybe I feel this way because that is the color combination that I purchased.

Keep in mind that the PT-111 does come with a life time warranty where as the replacement G2C 9mm only has a 1 year limited warranty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
With Taurus that life time warranty may just how long it takes to be repaired.
Not true. I sent my PT22 to get it repaired because it was firing two rounds when I squeezed the trigger. They took about three weeks. Unfortunately they put the back magazine disconnect which I removed.

The PT111 is a good pistol at a good price but you'll need a magazine loader for it if you want to get more than nine rounds in the magazine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do any of the other Taurus pistol magazines work in the PT111 if I want more rounds than the 12 rounders?

The magazines are identical to the S&W 69 series magazines except for the magazine latch hole.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The PT111 is a good pistol at a good price but you'll need a magazine loader for it if you want to get more than nine rounds in the magazine.
I bought a G2C and after unboxing it and loading a magazine I ordered a speed ladder from Amazon. $8 well spent.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Polymer is easily dyed, if anyone cares. Throw it in a bucket of RIT and it's black in a couple of minutes. The price needs to be really good, though, if G2c's are going for 209.
That's what I was thinking. $179.00/ $189.00 and a box of Rit would be a deal.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Speed ladder?
Don't you just LOVE autocorrect?
My bad, but you know what I mean. I did also consider a speed ladder in addition to a speed loader because I am very short and have trouble reaching the trigger

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
OH!!
so that was a mistake then??
I thought you were talking about a rear mount Aerial Ladder as they go up about twice as fast as a conventional mid mount Aerial ladder.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Brown.... Yuck.... That's where you live after death.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I was taking delivery on a NIB PT-111 yesterday. And while talking to my FFL, he was saying that there is an expected offer coming to dealers to clear out a large amount of PT-111 pistols.

The catch is that this large cache of inventory is in the brown frame with black slide finish. We are not taking FDE beige color poly, this is BROWN. Which does look better than it sounds, of course maybe I feel this way because that is the color combination that I purchased.

Keep in mind that the PT-111 does come with a life time warranty where as the replacement G2C 9mm only has a 1 year limited warranty.
You mean someone other than Academy will have the brown version?

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Polymer is easily dyed, if anyone cares. Throw it in a bucket of RIT and it's black in a couple of minutes. The price needs to be really good, though, if G2c's are going for 209.
Hmmm....I did not know that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts