Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Very interesting tool! I like it! Only five shootings in my little corner of the world. I remember all of them lol. Mostly domestic.

Edit: For fun I looked up my old neighborhood in Philly where I grew up many years ago. There were 240 shootings in a 5 mile radius since 2014, 88 deaths. Yikes! Glad we moved!

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
17,246 Posts
My little town has had 0 fatal and 0 non-fatal shootings.
Eat my dust.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Reactions: Stroker

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
The gun archive data also includes justified defensive use of a gun, but this map conveniently does not allow you to sort for those.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Very interesting tool! I like it! Only five shootings in my little corner of the world. I remember all of them lol. Mostly domestic.

Edit: For fun I looked up my old neighborhood in Philly where I grew up many years ago. There were 240 shootings in a 5 mile radius since 2014, 88 deaths. Yikes! Glad we moved!
Checked out my old neighborhood. Lots off dots. When growing up there think I may have heard of maybe 2 or 3 shootings couple suicides and a domestic dispute. Since section 8 housing happened everything went down hill .

·
Super Moderator
20,017 Posts
The gun archive data also includes justified defensive use of a gun, but this map conveniently does not allow you to sort for those.
How do you know that? What type database is involved - flat table or relational and is there anyway to set up your own filters?

·
Super Moderator
37,282 Posts
They must be counting self inflicted gunshots also. 150k in 5 years?? IIRC there were 37K the last year tabulated and those numbers did count all gun deaths.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Couldn't get it to work with antique IE.

·
8,906 Posts
Ok map - but you were correct it is funded by Bloomberg and his fake news group Trace.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't look too hard, but someone said it is based on news reporting...................................and we know how unbiased that is.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I don't live in a city but I typed in the closest city to me, and the entire screen was black :?: I was able to use the pointer and hold down the mouse button to scroll the map over to the east, and eventually found a dot. I clicked on the dot and there was a news story from 2 years ago about how some 18 year old negligently shot himself in the foot or leg and had to go to a hospital for treatment. Now when I searched for the city I used to work in there are plenty of choices for gun issues. Of course it doesn't mention anything about all the stabbings, bludgeonings with crowbars ballbats hammers etc., people murdered after being intentionally run over by cars (in one case just for "fun") poisonings, etc. because none of that would advance an agenda like talking about just "gun" violence.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
In my town - eight incidents resulted in seven deaths. None were officer-involved, none were defensive shootings. One was an accidental self inflicted non-fatal incident. The others were your typical criminal incidents... drive by, barroom altercations, domestics. Only two were actual premeditated murder. I do remember most of them. Most of my city is very quiet and peaceful, but we have a run down area populated mostly by low income Hispanics, most of our area crimes occur in or near that area.

Cool map, thanks for the link!

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Only 3- all fatal- and only 1 of them was officer involved.

·
Registered
17,246 Posts
I just put in Chicago out of curiosity.
Oh my goodness.................................:eek:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
157 in 4 years. 85 fatal. not bad...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts