Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I was at the range yesterday as well. What are you shooting?

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was at the range yesterday as well. What are you shooting?
The rifle is a S&W M&P Sport, the original model. The scope is a Bushnell 3-12x40BDC model. The ammo is my load, Xtreme 55gr. FMJ, over 23.6gr. of Win 748. Targets were at 50yds. By no means am I a great shooter but my fun level is up there with the best of them!

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I'm going tomorrow...hope it's as good as your day. Say, how many rounds do you think you have through your original Sport AR?

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I did forget to mention one thing. This entire post is a technological marvel for me being a low tech person! Our range has wifi and I took this photo with my camera and posted it to this forum using only my phone! :)
LOL. You sir, are a steely-eyed missile man! ;)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Dang, you're more tech savvy than me. I still can't figure out how to post a pic from my phone.
Hope you had a blast (pun intended ) at the range!

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going tomorrow...hope it's as good as your day. Say, how many rounds do you think you have through your original Sport AR?
The rifle is about 7 years old. I don't keep track of rounds but it has to be at the very least 5,000 rounds and I'm sure more. I just ran about 1,600 through it taking some training courses. And full disclosure it was just at S&W to get the bolt carrier group replaced. The carrier had developed some pits in the chrome lining.

I hope your range day is a great day! Give us a report of how it went.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
That's why you didn't answer your phone today, I wouldn't of answered ether!................
Glad you had a good day.:)

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
:clap: :clap: :yipee: :yipee:

I haven't been to the range since last July with fishinkeylargo and czechbikr. :mad: :'( :'(

·
Super Moderator
38,026 Posts
:clap: :clap: :yipee: :yipee:

I haven't been to the range since last July with fishinkeylargo and czechbikr. :mad: :'( :'(
We have to fix that...I have some new toys for you to try out - signed..Master Enabler.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
After the get together last year the wife had a knee replacement so that sidelined us while she recovered, Then last winter I had so real problems with my legs again. Now it's just been so long that I don't want to go w/o the wife so that she feels left out and here work schedule has been brutal. Then I don't want to go on the weekends because it's always packed.

I have been thinking to ask Cz if he's like to go back up to McMillier for a half day.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After the get together last year the wife had a knee replacement so that sidelined us while she recovered, Then last winter I had so real problems with my legs again. Now it's just been so long that I don't want to go w/o the wife so that she feels left out and here work schedule has been brutal. Then I don't want to go on the weekends because it's always packed.

I have been thinking to ask Cz if he's like to go back up to McMillier for a half day.
Yes that will slow things down a bunch. I hope you and your wife get yourselves healed up and out to the range soon!

I can relate. I have had some medical issues keep me off my mountain bike for about a year now. :( My waist line certainly does show it.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
darbo, I remember well. even watched a few of the bike vids.

Next couple weeks are booked with family coming in from Maryland, then a reunion the following week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts