Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to the local 4-H camp today with my brother and took my PT145 and my 24/7, as well as a Savage MK2 Target rifle and my AR-15. Shot for about 4 hours. Ran a hundred rounds throught the 145 and a50 throught the 24/7. A couple of different types - reloads, and Blazer. Nary a misfire, FTF, FTE. Nice groups. Most of the hand gun shooting was at 30 feet. Then broke out the AR-15. RRA Coyote upper, NM lower and NM 2 stage trigger, 22" floating barrel, 3 x 9 Leupold. NRA 100 yard small bore targets at 110 yards. Not real happy with my groups. Need a lot more practice. But any one of 100 rounds would have taken out a ground hog at 100 yards. Dang, I love shooting.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Hot weather and hot guns, nothing better!

·
Registered
31,991 Posts
Fishing and Shooting are always good ways to spend a day. Beats a good day at the office anytime.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
251 Posts
Fishing and Shooting are always good ways to spend a day. Beats a good day at the office anytime.
Agreed. I spent a good piece of today at the range too. Mostly plinking with my .22's but I did put a few (100) rounds through the PT1911. Finally got the sights figured out well enough to hit old 12ga shells from about 15yds.

We also did a little skeet shooting with the Maverick 88 too. Went 24/25 with that one today :D

·
Super Moderator
40,551 Posts
Thats how I spend most of my spare time. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Love me a good range report.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
My brothers live six hours away, so we don't get to shoot much. But fortunately I have a couple of friends who have some nice pastureland that we get to shoot on. Now if it would just stop raining, we could get out and do some shooting in this unseasonably warm weather!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
NRA 100 yard small bore targets at 110 yards. Not real happy with my groups.
Must be something in the water in Ohio - I had the same kind of deal with my AR on Monday. I was using a 5 moa red dot scope, and I just couldn't see clearly enough to get the groups tight. Like yours it was still shooting minute of groundhog, though. Gonna mount a magnified optic and take her back out next week. But you know what they say - even a bad day at the range is better than a good day at work. :D Glad you had fun, and enjoyed the range report.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
...Dang, I love shooting.
After reading your range report, I'd say you DEFINITELY do!

Thanks for letting the rest of us vicariously enjoy your outing by sharing this report with us. :angel:

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Must be something in the water in Ohio - I had the same kind of deal with my AR on Monday. I was using a 5 moa red dot scope, and I just couldn't see clearly enough to get the groups tight. Like yours it was still shooting minute of groundhog, though. Gonna mount a magnified optic and take her back out next week. But you know what they say - even a bad day at the range is better than a good day at work. :D Glad you had fun, and enjoyed the range report.
MOG (minute of ground hog) ain't bad for not shooting the gun for a while, but it's supposed to be sub MOA the way it's set up. So I'm chalking it up to the shooter and have committed to more practice until I get consistent MOC (minute of crow) accuracy. Thanks for the Kudos. Not really a range report as much as a celebration of good weather, great family and a fantastic sport.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts