Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an order for my first AR and a shotgun last Thursday. Just got a shipping number this morning.

Was pretty worried as the AR showed out of stock soon after I purchased, was half expecting them to tell me they're out and refunding my money.

Not sure how libs can be big supporters of wait times AND be against buying online, because the wait for online is real.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Well, not to jump the gun [pun intended], and for when you pick them up - REMEMBER

:nopics:

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Congrats on jumping on the AR band wagon..:D

Reactions: Denton

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Hope they show up soon. Looking forward to range reports.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tracking number I got shows that it was delivered.

However, that tracking number was for the shipping from one of their warehouses to another one that will then ship out to my ffl.

Le sigh.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Hey, at least ya got one. I bought mine on an impulse - was at the store looking for a handgun and saw this nice AR hanging on the wall over the handgun display. Said to self "hmmm, I don't have one but they seem to be popular lets see what they're all about". 2 months later Newtown happened.

Again congrats!

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
Start buying ammo now. We await the pics of your new acquisitions.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Same thing happened to me... I bought a 100 year old Swiss rifle and, immediately after, it showed OUT OF STOCK! Well it shipped today so I guess I got one BUT.... I paid extra for them to select the best of five... and now I am wondering if there was only one left to begin with!!:(
What is the shottie by the way?

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Start buying ammo now. We await the pics of your new acquisitions.
Already have ~2000 rounds of ammo for the AR, and all the HD shotshells I'll hopefully ever need for the Maverick 88

Come to think of it, I spent more on the ammo than the AR itself.
Just happened to be a local guy who got laid off and needed to sell some ammo to make rent. Got a case of XM855 and a case of American Eagle 223 for about $300/ea, bought both to help the guy out but will probably use most of it for trading fodder.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What is the shottie by the way? :(
The shotgun is a Maverick 88 12ga 20" 7+1, for which the tri-rail I bought for it just arrived today.

I was tempted by the fancy ghost ring sights and pistol grip full stock and fancy long forend of the Stevens 320, and if I didn't already have a Mossberg I might've gone that route, but having 2 Mossbergs sounded like a better idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts