Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in my LGS/range a couple days ago and in the pro shop I was talking to one of the instructors and he was at the Glock First Responders discount display. I said I had nothing against Glocks , it is they just do not feel right in my hand. He is primarily a DA/SA man like I am, but he said "oh really...try this one"...handed me a 43x. Wow!....a Glock that fit like a glove. I can not get that thing out of my head. Trying not to do something stupid that I might not have enough health coverage to put me back together when the wife would find out....if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
That's what they say about idle hands. Just keep reminding yourself about all the reasons why you swore off glock so far. Personally, like you, they just didn't feel right to me. As they were gaining popularity, I was very happy and comfortable with Ruger P85, and after one session, never tried one again. Of course, if I should happen upon a 43x, and it winds up in my bag, I'm blaming it on you!!! :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what they say about idle hands. Just keep reminding yourself about all the reasons why you swore off glock so far. Personally, like you, they just didn't feel right to me. As they were gaining popularity, I was very happy and comfortable with Ruger P85, and after one session, never tried one again. Of course, if I should happen upon a 43x, and it winds up in my bag, I'm blaming it on you!!! :D
Even with the 43x holding a couple of extra rds in the mag, if I did not own a kahr CM9 I might have done the dirty and bought the 43X.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I have never met a Glock I didn't like ... If I didn't own a 43 .. Id be tempted to get a 43X .. I just like the 43 so .... The 43X reminds me of a Kahr CT9 ..

·
Registered
693 Posts
Come on show alittle intestinal fortitude, you only go around one time, same thing happened to me regarding a Glock, handled it at the LGS loved the feel in hand and the owner made me an offer I just couldn't refuse, purchased the Glock model 42 now my EDC changed out the trigger and put a flat trigger in, changed the recoil spring and guide rod to stainless steel, was going to get fiber optic sights but like the factory's goal post rear sight, wth my bad eyes I can pick it up quickly, go do it she'll only be mad for a short time, get her a nice make up gift. See I'm good at this, been there done that! Ain't my first rodeo if u know what I mean .....

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
I was in my LGS/range a couple days ago and in the pro shop I was talking to one of the instructors and he was at the Glock First Responders discount display. I said I had nothing against Glocks , it is they just do not feel right in my hand. He is primarily a DA/SA man like I am, but he said "oh really...try this one"...handed me a 43x. Wow!....a Glock that fit like a glove. I can not get that thing out of my head. Trying not to do something stupid that I might not have enough health coverage to put me back together when the wife would find out....if you know what I mean.
Friends don't let friends buy Glocks--That is all I am saying!!!
go try on a CZ and see if that GLOCK doesn't fade from memory really fast!-------

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,398 Posts
I like Glock.:thumb: A friend of mine carries a 43, and I recently bought a 19. But I don't like front slide serrations on any firearm. That's the only thing I don't like about my PT1911 and some of the Glocks.

I wouldn't mind owning a 43 sometime.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Well, if you can't say something good, don't say anything I guess. :D When Glock comes out with a DA/SA decocking hammer gun, I might get interested. :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Friends don't let friends buy Glocks--That is all I am saying!!!
go try on a CZ and see if that GLOCK doesn't fade from memory really fast!-------
Have a CZ compact, CZ P-07 and the Kadet kit for it. I love cherry cheesecake, but I am also fond of Plain, Strawberry and Raspberry cheese cake. :thumb:

Reactions: Quade

·
Registered
419 Posts
over the years I've had a number of Glocks, hand gun wise my favorite was a G24 with a CCF stainless frame (the Mech Tech carbine was kind of cool but the trigger sucked and it buzzed when you shot it.) stopped shooting matches and got rid of all of them. as of now the only "Glock" I have is an AR9 that takes Glock mags, I shoot it better than I ever did any of the pistols (3.5 lb clean break trigger makes a big difference). I thought about getting a G19 or smaller for carry but am thinking for the cost about a Taurus G2S 9mm Subcompact less than 1/2 the cost and very positive reviews.

Taurus-G2S.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have discovered no matter which gun I buy, I have a dozen people telling me why I should not have done it...well all except the G2c...probably had 10 dozen telling me I made a mistake. You know what....each range trip there are many of those that see a problem free firearm and a target with a lot of little holes in the little red circle in the middle.

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
Have a CZ compact, CZ P-07 and the Kadet kit for it. I love cherry cheesecake, but I am also fond of Plain, Strawberry and Raspberry cheese cake. :thumb:
exactly why there are so many different manufactures and so many different models by those manufactures--also why there are so many food choices and fat people running around as well.
its what ever the buyer feels meets their needs.
I own I am sure some 15 -20 different manufactures weapons.
all of which "I" like so that's all that really matters to me.

Reactions: Quade and mark7mod0

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
For those that may be having problems identifying some of the weapons shown here ---this should help!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Well, if you can't say something good, don't say anything I guess. :D When Glock comes out with a DA/SA decocking hammer gun, I might get interested. :D
Look at a Canik TP9 DA.....no hammer, but an excellent DA/SA trigger with a de-cocker. I ordered one last year on someone's recommendation....when it arrived I was so impressed with the trigger.... that I ordered another one before I fired the first one. Its a full size duty weapon and weighs about 28 oz and has an 18 round mag.
It shoots every bit as good as my old Sig 228.

·
Administrator
18,303 Posts
When Glock comes out with a DA/SA decocking hammer gun, I might get interested. :D
What brojohn said! ^^^^^^^^^

My original Canik TP9V1 has been stellar, so far! Another alternative would be the Walther P99AS.

Canik TP9V1 with spare magazine

Canik TP9V1 Accuracy at 50 feet with Match Reloads

Getting back to Glocks, the only Glock that might currently interest me is the new G45 9mm.
I would have a hard time leaving my late production pre-G2 Taurus PT111, for any Glock.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I say "damn the torpedoes...full steam ahead"! LMAO! That last line was funny as all get out!

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I have discovered no matter which gun I buy, I have a dozen people telling me why I should not have done it...well all except the G2c...probably had 10 dozen telling me I made a mistake. You know what....each range trip there are many of those that see a problem free firearm and a target with a lot of little holes in the little red circle in the middle.
Yeah, that's usually how it works.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look at a Canik TP9 DA.....no hammer, but an excellent DA/SA trigger with a de-cocker. I ordered one last year on someone's recommendation....when it arrived I was so impressed with the trigger.... that I ordered another one before I fired the first one. Its a full size duty weapon and weighs about 28 oz and has an 18 round mag.
It shoots every bit as good as my old Sig 228.
I owned a Canik made firearm..a chrome Tri Star C100. It was a great gun, but at the time i needed some help buying the P-07 so I traded it in. I should have waited to save the couple hundred dollars I got for the C100.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
I'll wait for the 14th Generation Gluck.

Glock14thGeneration.jpg

Thanks for the info though!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts