Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've added anything to the sharp and pointy collection. I was perusing eBay last week and tossed a few bids in the water. I managed to snag a few. The first was a two-for! There was a BuyitNow for a ZT 0562 and IV8888 knife. I'm aware of IraqVeteran8888's YouTube channel, but had no idea they had commissioned a knife. Apparently it is produced by Bastion Knives and has a D2 blade. That's about all I know about it. The one I was mostly interested in was the Zero Tolerance 0562. I sold my 0560 in a moment of weakness and have missed it since. The 0562 is a bit smaller and "less scary!" so I won't get as many dirty looks at work. The blade steel is S35VN which I am not very familiar with. I sharpened a Spyderco with a S35VN blade for a co-worker and it seemed like a decent steel but I didn't mess with it much. As far as price, I did extremely well! I paid less for the pair than I would have for just the ZT!

Next was a USA made Smith&Wesson auto with a S30V blade. I am familiar with S30V and really like it. I've had a few Kershaw knives with this steel and it performs well. The overall condition is well used and it's missing a screw, but I couldn't resist for the price. I have not been able to track down who actually made this one for S&W, but when I do, I'll see about sending it in for a little tlc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
Is IV8888 referenced the same Eric from Moss Pawn & Gun from the Iraq Vet 8888 from YouTube?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is IV8888 referenced the same Eric from Moss Pawn & Gun from the Iraq Vet 8888 from YouTube?
Yeah. Apparently they have a monthly subscription box called a "Man Can" and this knife was part of a premium can a couple years ago.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
My Chris Reeve folder has s35vn and it's the best steel I've ever had. It takes a little extra effort to sharpen, but is easily kept up by stropping every now and again. I think you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
My Chris Reeve folder has s35vn and it's the best steel I've ever had. It takes a little extra effort to sharpen, but is easily kept up by stropping every now and again. I think you will enjoy it.

Burnish or strop a blade after every use and a good blade will hold an edge a LONG time. There's a reason that you see chefs and butchers using the chef's burnishing rod all of the time. I picked up a one at a thrift store just for my pocket knives. If I use it during the day, I burnish it when I get home at night.

Reactions: stupimlico

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
I have a chef's rod in my kitchen knife block and have used it for years on knives I'm about to handle. It helps. When the edges need more, a few strokes on a diamond stick, then the rod, and I'm good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts