Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always hate coming into forums late. i miss all the good stuff: the immature bickering, name calling, forum flaming... it all seems to die down or get locked before i come in. this one in particular, but i thought it was a good springboard for some general customer service comments. nobody seemed to really pick apart the whole process and identify where things took a turn south. the closed discussion linked below:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=1074.0

everybody on this (and perhaps others) forum seemed to bash on namerakis pretty hard about shooting black powder loads. i don't shoot BP, so wouldn't be the wiser either. i; however, would have done plenty of research before hand and found it would't be such a good idea. then this problem would have never started.

a quick google search (before i read qwiks draw's post about vineger in the thread ---btw, qwiks draw...paragraphs! we need paragraphs! ;)) shows vineger to be very acidic, and while i'm not sure on what concentration is needed, that would indeed have voided any warranty on the blueing finish. as namerakis mentioned, if taurus blamed him and voided the finish warranty, he would kick himself in the pants for making a boneheaded mistake, but would not hold anything against taurus.

the problem lies in taurus customer service at this point. the first CS agent (as far as the letter on namerakis' website states) agreed to reblue the gun under the lifetime policy. while this flies in the face of the "one year finish warranty", the CS agent DID agree to cover it. we assume that namerakis, in his phone call to the CS agent, assumed the blueing failure was not his fault, and having given the agent all the necessary information he/she asked for, was confirmed by the agent that this was indeed a failure out of his control, and thus would be refinished. had the agent asked about a purchase date (he/she might have, but namerakis alludes that he/she didn't), and he told the agent correctly (3 years ago), the agent would say "sorry, not covered" and he'd chock it up to an expensive mistake. but, as we know from the evidence stated, the agent agreed without asking the age of the gun.

then he gets the gun back. it's not refinished, but has been adjusted. cool, he got a little tune-up. but it's not fixed as PROMISED. some of you have missed that and continue to bash his bashing. when all is said and done, multiple CS agents promised to refinsh and failed to deliver. at this first CS failure, i would be mad at this moment, too. but namerakis made a crucial mistake, and i can see how it could happen. notice the gunsmith notes. it does clearly state that the finish is only backed by a one year warranty. namerakis could have been so mad at this time that he didn't notice that note and comprehend it. had he been able to comprehend it at this moment, he would recall the age of the firearm and again, kick himself in the pants and chock it up to experience.

but, the next CS agent doesn't help. namerakis mentions the failed attempt to reblue the firearm. the agent, without thinking, agrees to take it in again. the agent, instead, SHOULD HAVE recalled the trouble ticket on this product, noticed his complaint, noticed the gunsmith's notes, and put it together: his finish is over 3 years old, the gunsmith implied the finish was too old for warranty, and nobody (even previous CS agents) brought it to the customer's attention... then, the agent could explain this to namerakis. it would have made namerakis look a little foolish, but hey, he got a free once-over of the gun, and again... kick in pants, experience, yada yada yada.

but the agent takes the gun in for a second time. i'm sorry, but that horrible CS experience could have been stone walled at ANY point by either namerakis or the agents. i would tend to blame the agents a bit more, because they should be a bit more scrutinizing to make sure the work is a legitimate warranty claim. the agents should be a bit more on the ball if they want to help a customer enjoy lifetime firearm ownership.

it took escalation to 'Richard' (not sure if he's the same richard on this forum or not) to get it all straightened out that his finish was too old to be warranteed. namerakis brings to his attention that this is explained to him just now. it might have, might have not. i hope namerakis didn't leave out some conversation with the originial or second agent where he is made aware that his finish is no longer under warranty. now, as far as CS service goes, it's no longer a fact of warrantees, or firearms, or the like. the truth is, the CS failed a customer. miserably failed. after 4 months in limbo, all namerakis gets is an apology! i'm on his side. there is no excuse for such a long and drawn out nightmare, for ANY customer service, i don't care if it's taurus, chevrolet, whatever, product independant. the customer service failed him.

at the least, richard should have offered to reblue the gun. and actually do it. firing the two agents who misinformed namerakis is a good start, but it would be nothing to take namerakis' revolver, toss it in the "bluing line", and have another happy customer for life. at this point, it goes beyond whether namerakis ruined the bluing or not. the CS agent, having the knowledge of taurus on his/her side, did not bring the finish warranty to namerakis' attention when he tried to get the finish claimed under lifetime warranty. had she, again...kick in pants, yada yada yada.

end result is taurus lost a customer. not because of a failure of their fantastic firearms, as we have later determined it was a ID-10-T error, but because CS failed to satisfy a customer, either by re-informing terms of the warranty, or at the very end, not offering to blue the gun. in the end, i still blame namerakis for starting this snafu, as the one year finish warranty isn't a secret, and black powder is corrosive, and he should have researched firearm cleaning more (vineger has been posted on some forums as a GREAT way to remove bluing...).

i hope this isn't a made up problem. from his site, the information seems to be legit, at least there was in fact a revolver, and it did have bluing removed. namerakis was rather forth-coming to the first CS agent about the type of ammo he shot, so i think he might have documented this event rather well.

it's not unreasonable to boycott a product because of bad customer service, despite the quality of product they offer (i do with dell...), but it doesn't hurt to have some healthy optimism that the company will change and improve. in the end, i hope taurus does something that will convince him to give them another try, and they shine through.

a problem such as this probably won't happen again since the revamp of taurus customer service, but it's a shame that something like this happened, and that it escalated as long as it did. my experience with taurus customer service has been well, i don't think they did anything out of the ordinary, nor took an unreasonable time with my gun. i hope this will be remembered as an isolated incident not related to a defect of the firearm, and people recognize that it could have been resolved quickly and very satisfactorally for both parties.

a mod may lock this post, but since we've time and time again proven the reliability of taurus firearms, we need to work on the next step: a great customer service. it would be a wonderful thing for the mass of customers to help a company evolve into one where product quality and support quality are truly second to none.

this whole snafu is a great example of the customer/customer service conflict that started out as a simple mis-cue and ended up having both terminate relations. sometimes, it helps to try and find the root cause of the conflict and reflect on how another customer in the future can enjoy a beneficial transaction.

so, for those of you that have been patient enough to read through this whole post (quite a bit long winded, i know)... comments? questions?

·
32,481 Posts
Funny one would resurrect a discredited member on this. He posted different stories at Glock Talk and several other gun forums.

Lies were made and he was caught by staff and members at the other fourms as to the who,what,where, and circumstances. These were brought to light.

So the rest of the so called story is under a cloud of suspicion as to even being accurate in any way.
Why bother to raise the specter of this when there is little or no validity to the claims made?

There are other ancient or recent threads about Taurus Customer service rants or goings on.

The reason for the complaints being where they are for a lot of these so called ones is due to veracity problems or emotional tirades rather than facts being given. Granted, people are going to be upset with guns that have developed problems. Eventually one has to give into common sense and do the right things and take responsibility as well.

Work it through in a common sense way. Since there are discrepancies in the stories other places and in the tirade then the rest is for naught.
Won't get caught in a bit by bit replay of this as it has already come to an end,serves no purpose, and can accomplish nothing.

Picking something that has substance as a subject would serve everybody well.
This is not one of those circumstances so nothing new need be added or rehashed.

The above member self inflicted the problem upon himself,went on a tirade, and expected the company to take care of what in the warranty shows is not covered. This all being common sense on the part of the company.

Some of the complaints in this section are genuine and are dealt with accordingly. Others are not and are dealt with in a simialr manner.

Other complaints are just ravings and go no further than that. Many have no basis or are nonsense. That's how a lot of them got here.

There are a number of ways with dealing with all this. One can work with the company and have the problem taken care of. An accredited gunsmith can be consulted and the gun fixed. The gun can be sold or gotten rid of.

The Smithing board is there for those who have mechanical troubles and a way can either be found to deal with this or the person can be got to a source who can help.

As for my writing paragraphs anyone who's been here a while knows that I was 'learning the biz'. Computer usage was brand new to me so I will make no excuses for the way I wrote 'back then'. :)

Any issues can be brought to any of the staff's attention by PMing any of us.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
Qwiks don't worry about paragraphs or the little mispelled word here and there this is suppossed to be about guns and other topics we feel like talking about. And I read all off what people got to say whatever format they use kind of like gunshow talk or hunt camp talk ok maybe not that bad but ya'll get my drift.

·
32,481 Posts
Not to worry.
This isn't going to get to me over a mere pittance.More important things to do than deal with that.Thicker hide than that,too. :) ;) ;D

The mistake was in bringing up ancient history that has no basis grounded in fact.
That's what started all this. :)

There are those to whom spite,malice, and :deadhorse: :soapbox: :judge: :fart: are a way of life.

Life goes on and ignore the obvious that needs ignoring. :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
This thread is locked.

No need to re-hash the past.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Just an addition, after Nak pulled this junk here, I know that he posted the EXACT SAME POST on AR15.com. I posted a link there to his thread here.

Steelheart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.