Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Boy shot after man returns paintball fire with real gunfire
Thinking his home was under attack, a Florida homeowner says he shot and wounded a 10-year-old whose father had driven him to participate in a drive-by shooting with a paintball gun

MIAMI -- Thinking his home was under attack, a Florida homeowner shot and wounded a 10-year-old whose father had driven him to participate in a drive-by shooting with a paintball gun, police said.
Michael Williams, 26, told Opa-locka police his son begged him to drive by a home where young people were gathered Sunday night so he could fire his paintball out the window, according to a police report released Tuesday.

Williams drove by the home as his son fired off several rounds, police said. The homeowner confused the paintball for real gunfire, telling police he thought his family was being attacked. He fired one shot, which struck the child. The boy then lost his balance and was run over by his father's vehicle, police said.
:( I would say more, but this is so stupid I'm at a loss for words.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
And then he ran him over after he was shot ? I don't think he will be up for Father of the Year !

·
8,902 Posts
Hmmm..Daddy is a fool, and caused his child serious injury. This Daddy needs to go to jail, and CPS should probably investigate family. Normally I wouldn't jump off the deep end, but this was insane!

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
some buddy hurry and collect the Genes from the Males in this Family--they may likely be Supreme Leaders of America in about 10 years the way we are headed!

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did you notice the father was 26? According to Obama he's just about ready to become an adult. What do you expect when they're probably close to being in the same class. Then the brain surgeon "father" takes the boy who's just been shot AND he personally ran over not to the ER but back home. If there's a candidate for a retroactive abortion I'd say we've found him. Let's clean up the gene pool before he breeds again.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
Lots of stupid to go around here.

Who on earth confuses a paintball gun with a real gun?

Reactions: jtg452

·
Administrator
40,270 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if the father does drive bys for real. Just training up the son for real drive bys for when he becomes a teenager. Stupid is, as stupid does. Idiots.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts

Who is to say he was confused? (Maybe the article mentioned he said he was confused--I didn't read it all.)

If someone is shooting at me, I don't really have time to determine their motives nor whether they are playing pretend games. That is serious and would be taken seriously.

As far as stupid goes, who stands outside the car during a drive-by shooting?

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
Who is to say he was confused? (Maybe the article mentioned he said he was confused--I didn't read it all.)

If someone is shooting at me, I don't really have time to determine their motives nor whether they are playing pretend games. That is serious and would be taken seriously.

As far as stupid goes, who stands outside the car during a drive-by shooting?
Good point.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The public has been so lied to about what most real suppressed firearms actually sound like that many people might not be able to tell the difference between suppressed fire and paintball guns I suppose.
As far as the looks of the paintball gun, I didn't see a picture of the paintball gun used in the incident. I will say however if someone threatens me with one of the guns in the link below, I doubt I'm going to wait until something hits me to take some defensive action. Even the ones with an orange tip have been painted black by some people.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's like a comedy skit. It's all so stupid, I laughed.

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Registered
3,454 Posts

Police would, probably 90% of the time.

Here is an image of a paintball gun. Who wouldn't come to that conclusion in a drive-by situation.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 14 of 14 Posts