Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, I bought a revolver today. It is the Ruger LCR, in .38 Special. The very first handgun I ever bought, back in 1988, was a Taurus Model 85. I have started to come "full circle" again....have been wanting to carry/shoot revolvers lately.

I will go shoot it Sunday. Now, does Taurus still make the Model 85 as good as they used to? Let me know guys....and gals.

·
Premium Member
14,019 Posts
Snubbies spend more time with me than any of my other handguns. Congrats on your new Ruger and may it serve you well.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Oh, I do believe that you are going to really like that LCR! ;) Let us know for sure after you take it to the range!

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase from "my new favorite gun company."

Oh, there are others, including Taurus, that I hold in high regard, and whose products live in my safe, but head-to-head I think Ruger offers a quality product at a very competitive price point.

In answer to your question, I believe the Taurus 85 is still a wonderful revolver and a bargain. I base this opinion on reports from other TA members, however, and I have no personal experience with the Model 85.... Yet....

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welp, the local store where I bought this Ruger, has a Model 85 in stainless and black. They are a damn fine looking snubbie....especially for 299 bucks.

·
23,833 Posts
I don't even have one, and I'd say the model 85 is the Taurus I trust more than anything else they make for reliability and being just what you want right out of the box.

Congratulations on the Ruger! They make fine firearms.

·
Super Moderator
35,997 Posts
I don't have an LCR, but they're awesome! :D I do own a Taurus 605 Poly I like very much and carry a LOT. Revolvers have advantages for most of us for concealed carry. They are SAFE without any manual safeties, FAST on the draw and on target point shooting at close range, and they carry PLENTY of firepower, don't care what the wonder nine ninjas think. Ain't no homey going to willingly soak up five +P .38s let alone .357 magnums. The guns are accurate, REAL accurate, despite what some say. I mean, I'm talking 50 yards accurate if you practice. And, if you practice enough, you can hit a 14" gong 3 of five at 100 yards with a snubby, used to have fun doing that. It takes a might lot of hold over, though. 50 yards just takes a bit of hold over. Not too many .380s going to compete with THAT. :D That's handy when a coyote comes around and all you have is your snubby on ya, but the main thing I like about snubby .38s is the speed at which I can point shoot one at handshake ranges and get center mass hits. That is the real use of such a gun.

Yeah, I don't mind telling ya, I love my revolvers and trust them even if they don't have 100 round magazines sticking out the bottom. :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.