Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to step out and try something a little different. I had made plans earlier in the week to do a little running with out the wife in tow and spend it with Polly. Now Polly ain't much of a looker, but she is darn near perfect and I feel I can always depend on her to have my back, not make a scene in public, nor act up at an inopportune moment.

As I wrapped my hand around Polly I firmed up my grip and pulled her closer than I ever have in the past. I kept her by my side tightly for hours as the day went on. At no time did I feel anything being the slightest of being wrong, but in retrospect I am sure I should have. At the end of my day out of running around Polly and I parted ways and I still had a good feeling for how the day progressed.

That night as I laid my head down for a good nights sleep I thought to my self, "I think I have found the way for the future". But come morning I felt a pain, a pain caused be doing something wrong. Even after a week of my day with Polly at my side I still a light pain and hurt. Maybe I should have thought twice before agreeing to do what I had done.

So I come here to my TA Family and Friends to ask you for your guidance, suggestions and help. What am I doing that caused such pain. Maybe it was all in the stand or position that was used.

To summarize it was my first time to attempt to carry my Polly Glock 27 Inside the Waist Band using a trigger guard lanyard for security and a Glock belt clip to hold it in place. I tucked it in at the 2 O'clock position and she seems to have spend the day riding on my hip bone. The non bruised but bruising pain felt that next week was unbearable. It didn't help any that a day later I hurt my back installing a Ranch hand grille guard on my F350.

Am I tucking it in at the wrong position or did I simply tighten my belt too tight? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for understanding and any help you can or care to share.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I always hear that - that breed would turn on you! :tongue:

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Probably has more to do with wearing it at the two o'clock position more than anything else. It isn't seated tightly against your hip bone, but probably bumps it every time you take a step.

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
I have briefly tried the 2:00 position but it does not work for me IWB. 3:00 to 3:30 does work. You might try a slight change.

Do you like the G27 for concealed carry? I'm still seriously considering that, or a 26.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I have briefly tried the 2:00 position but it does not work for me IWB. 3:00 to 3:30 does work. You might try a slight change.

Do you like the G27 for concealed carry? I'm still seriously considering that, or a 26.
Same here, I can't even finish cutting the lawn with mine at 2:00 position. 3:00 works best for me because I have skinny hips.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
At first glance I thought your belt was too tight (would pull you back out of alignment just in time lift the grill guard into place), or it was too loose (resulting in the thing wacking your pelvic bone all day). Of course if you were bending and lifting, and the pistol was at 2:00 or 2:30, all the digging, poking pinching would definitely leave a mark of some sort. Just sayin'! Try 3:00 for a more harmonious outcome.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
29,899 Posts
...To summarize it was my first time to attempt to carry my Polly Glock 27 Inside the Waist Band using a trigger guard lanyard for security and a Glock belt clip to hold it in place.

What am I doing wrong?
:shocked:A "Lanyard" is a cord generally attached to a "lanyard ring" built into the butt of the pistol grip.

To say you attached a cord to a GLOCK's trigger guard raises
red flags and alarm bells.

GLOCKS are notorious for discharging when "objects" other than "trigger fingers" are introduced into their trigger guards when the gun is not on target and prepared to be deliberately fire.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I have really come to like the Glock 27 for a carry choice, not so much in the IWB at 2O'clock but overall it is my preferred choice. I would highly suggest it. I would however suggest going with the 27 over the 26 simply due to the fact that the 27 can be fitted to fire either the .40sw, .357sig or 9mm round by the use of a $135 conversion barrel. The .40sw and 357sig share the same magazines, where to convert to the 9mm you would need to purchase a couple of 9mm mags. But with Glock the aftermarket is wide and price well with in reason for accessories.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:shocked:A "Lanyard" is a cord generally attached to a "lanyard ring" built into the butt of the pistol grip.

To say you attached a cord to a GLOCK's trigger guard raises
red flags and alarm bells.

GLOCKS are notorious for discharging when "objects" other than "trigger fingers" are introduced into their trigger guards when the gun is not on target and prepared to be deliberately fire.
Let me see if this will help clear up what I meant by lanyard trigger holster. It is in fact the MIC Holster.
Amazon.com : MIC Holster Black 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 31, 32, 34, 35 : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
That pain is just your body rejecting the Glockness of it, I carry at 5 o'clock IWB. I would rather lose a chunk of my butt than a testicle.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I would try carrying it in a holster that will provide a little bit of cushion between the gun and your hip bone.

I had the same feeling when I tried the versa-carry, it was comfortable to wear, but I had a invisible bruise for a week. Haven't used the thing since.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
That thing you have attached is not a holster, that is the #1 issue where the pain is coming from. #2 issue where pain is coming from is with a piece as heavy as the Glock M-27, you need a good thick and stiff gun belt.

So to sum it up you have an issue with too much unsupported weight. Remedy with a lighter pistol, quality holster and a quality gun belt. and if you are too stuck on your Glock, then be quiet and suffer.

Reactions: jeeper1 and jonrjen

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That thing you have attached is not a holster, that is the #1 issue where the pain is coming from. #2 issue where pain is coming from is with a piece as heavy as the Glock M-27, you need a good thick and stiff gun belt.

So to sum it up you have an issue with too much unsupported weight. Remedy with a lighter pistol, quality holster and a quality gun belt. and if you are too stuck on your Glock, then be quiet and suffer.
Wholly Crap, Sir. In my defense I was wearing a duty belt, Sir. This provides an ample amount of support for a Sub compact Glock I would believe, Sir. Can we agree to place the blame on the state of Texas for having not as of this time passing a bill for Open Carry, Sir?

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
Not owning a Glock I can only guess. How much thicker is the slide on the Glock then what you normally carry? I would also think lack of leather between the gun and skin makes a big difference. Was you other carry option always in a holster that added protection?

Good luck in getting if figured out.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not owning a Glock I can only guess. How much thicker is the slide on the Glock then what you normally carry? I would also think lack of leather between the gun and skin makes a big difference. Was you other carry option always in a holster that added protection?

Good luck in getting if figured out.
I usually carry the G27 but using the belt clip on the other side of the slide and slip the pistol in my pocket either with or without the MIC holster attached. I have also carried it by placing in the rear BC position which works also. I prefer a paddle holster or high riding belt holster, but depending on the weather and attire these are not always feasible choices.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts