Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gentlemen,

I just thought I'd post a video of me firing the greatest gun Taurus ever made...

And here's my buddy Ryan, going a little crazy - damn kids, they think they're friggin' playing a video game.

·
Registered
84 Posts
jeez that target was blowing in the wind! the range needs better air flow control down range I think. Good shooting. I love my PT92.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Peepers said:
What were you shooting? It looked pretty accurate even with that thing blowing all over the place.
Thanks for the comments guys!

I was shooting my Taurus PT92-SS.

Taurus PT-92 SS
Date: January 22, 2007
Distance: 20ft
Score: 166/200
Ammo: Fiocchi 9mm Luger FMJ 115gr

In regards to the wind, yes, you guys are right - it's like a wind tunnel in there. I always mention it to management, but there's nothing they can do about it... Oh well, that's the cheapest range around here (San Diego, CA) so I'll stick with it. I figure, with the target blowing around and all, it will help me improve my aim with moving targets. :)

I thought I did pretty well, considering I'm blind in one eye, and I was shooting one handed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would say thats pretty good for being blind in one eye, thanks for telling us the ammo you were using I have to get some various brands to see which one works the best. Just a question though, is the SS just the 92 but in stainless?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep - the SS just designates the stainless steel finish.

The newest generation of Taurus PT 92-SS AFS (if you have a "Z" as the 2nd digit of your serial number, that means that you have the newest generation) is basically modeled after the Beretta 92 FS Vertec.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice, the PT 92 I just got has a Z in it, that is something I didn't know. I guess you learn something new every day, but I can't find a blasted IWB holster that fits well with the rail. If anyone knows where to find one it would be great. I think the 92's with a rail look pretty sharp compared to one without. Good shooting and good videos.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Will they let you clip some small weights to the bottom of the paper?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude, they won't even let us bring in targets purchased elsewhere. I wanted to use some thicker targets, or put up a cardboard backboard, but they wouldn't let me.

I'll ask them about the weights, but I doubt they'll let me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Guys,

So they wouldn't let me clip any weights to the targets :( but they DID finally turn down their fan, so it wasn't as windy as before.

Oh, and also, I consolidated my videos and posted them in one, easy to access location.

http://tauruspt92.blogspot.com

I also added 4 new videos. I hope you all enjoy them.

Take care,

~V~

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK Guys,

I don't mean to keep bumping my own post, but I had to post this:

I posted an additional 4 videos to my site: http://tauruspt92.blogspot.com When you get there, just refresh/reload the page so that you can see the updates.

The last video shows this dude firing this .500 S&W Hand Cannon... it was amazing... The room literally shook when he fired the thing.

Anyway, I'm done with the shameless self-promotion ;)

I won't be posting here anymore about my Blogspot site, unless someone asks. If you wanna see more videos, just stay tuned there and I'll be posting them regularly...

Take care,

~V~

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
If I may critic..........

1) You need to get a couple of the large spring paper clips to weight the target to hold it steady.
2) Try to move your hand over a bit. when you grip a pistol, you want to keep the barrel in line with your forearm, this will stop the pistol from twisting in your hand, and gets you back on target far faster.
3) You have two hands, you would be better served using both, a modified Weaver stance will do you a wold of good in the accuracy department. Not that you did bad, but you will do better with a two hand Weaver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts