Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New member who just bought a 1989 Taurus 669 (you can see my thread over in the Taurus Revolvers sub-forum).

Anyway, I figured I would show off a couple of my Ruger SP101s. I love these revolvers. They are built very well and feel like they will last forever.

The first picture is my EDC .357 SP101.

Second picture is of my 1991 Full lug/4" barrel 22LR SP101.

Here is the two together.

·
Registered
24,800 Posts
Very nice family photos.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I like the top pic.... very nice wheel gun.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Nice looking revolvers you've got there!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Very nice pair! Very nice, indeed!

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Nice looking revolvers :drool:

·
Administrator
40,161 Posts
Ruger makes great firearms, built to last. I too have a .357 SP101, and love it. The more you shoot them, the smoother they get! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Those are great looking Rugers. I bet the .22 shoots like a laser. That would be a lot of fun. Welcome to the forum. Do you have any semis?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone :)

Those are great looking Rugers. I bet the .22 shoots like a laser. That would be a lot of fun. Welcome to the forum. Do you have any semis?
The .22 is more accurate then I am, for sure. This is a target at 10 yards with the .22. I'm sure someone with a steadier hand and better eyesight could do better. I use law enforcement silhouette replacement centers as my targets.

As for semi-autos, I'm down to only one right now (more of a revolver guy). It is a Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact 9mm. I bought it a while ago because it was an inexpensive DA/SA, all metal, with a safety/decocker. It works well and never had trouble with the function of it. It does require a very aggressive combat sight picture though, and a lot of times I shoot a few rounds low because I'm used to a 6 o'clock hold with revolvers. Here is a picture of a target with the Bersa, you can see some of those low shots.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I have a SP101 .357 3" , and it is nice. Lucked out on the 3". LGS had it on order for over a year for another customer. I happened to be in store when it came in, the original customer had bought something else, tired of waiting, I jumped on it.

·
Administrator
18,110 Posts
Very Nice Ruger Revolvers you have there! :cool: Congratulations!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm a big Ruger fan, particularly the wheel guns, if you were to come to my hunting camp you would probably see more Ruger wheelguns than people. I like both of your SP101s but, the .22 is a real beauty. I know Smith's and Colts have better triggers, but in my mind the SP101 in .22lr is the finest .22lr wheel gun ever made. You just can't beat the simplicity, durability, and feel of a Ruger. I bought one non-Ruger wheelguns and from here on out the only wheelguns in my safe will be Rugers. That's not to say there are not lots of other fine revolvers out there, but me, I'm a Ruger guy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts