Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
While there is no way to completely stop this kind of thing, there is a way to curtail it and that's by utilizing the law and legal system. There would be a whole lot more murder if there weren't steep laws to punish those that commit, and anyone purposely infecting people or purposely infecting themselves (that don't automatically and completely quarantine after) should be subject to some very harsh fines and hard time at an attempted murder like level.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts

Attachments

·
21,958 Posts
While there is no way to completely stop this kind of thing, there is a way to curtail it and that's by utilizing the law and legal system. There would be a whole lot more murder if there weren't steep laws to punish those that commit, and anyone purposely infecting people or purposely infecting themselves (that don't automatically and completely quarantine after) should be subject to some very harsh fines and hard time at an attempted murder like level.
Well I think it's obvious that the answer is to defund the police. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Why should it be stopped? If people want to catch a virus that is really nothing for the vast majority to worry about int he first place, why should I care?

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
809 Posts
Why should it be stopped? If people want to catch a virus that is really nothing for the vast majority to worry about int he first place, why should I care?
It isn’t so much that they are willing to risk catching the virus but, rather that they will take it home and spread it to family, friends, and the work place. Each person who attends the party has the potential to infect countless others.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
It isn’t so much that they are willing to risk catching the virus but, rather that they will take it home and spread it to family, friends, and the work place. Each person who attends the party has the potential to infect countless others.
I understand that, but I still ask why should it be stopped? This thing isn't really all much if anything to worry about.

For those in higher risk categories or are just scared of the thing, they can take personal measures to protect themselves.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
511 Posts
This is a different situation that is not dissimilar to how the intentional spread of HIV was made to be a Class B felony. As of 2019, at least 29 states criminalize "nondisclosure, exposure or transmission" of HIV, while an additional 5 states use this to justify enhancements for sentences for other crimes. Two states that currently have laws to prosecute individuals for criminal exposure of HIV are Florida and Alabama: the places cited in these two stories.

I
f the mask mandate is for everyone to wear a mask no matter where they plan to be or what they plan on doing, then that's a mandate the state should not be issuing. For one thing, state governors and city mayors have no constitutional authority to issue such a mandate. We know how the virus spreads, where it spreads the most (indoors) and who is the most at-risk from getting it (people over 60 and those with serious underlying health conditions) I haven't heard what the Florida mandate is supposed to be, but I hope its not like what they're doing in Democrat-run localities. Telling Floridians that they have to wear a diaper over their grill at all times and breathe in their CO2 while they are outside in 104 degree heat is not only ridiculous but a lot of people will simply refuse to comply with it.

Also, how exactly are people supposed to wear a mask while eating in a restaurant? Did those in the government give any thought to this teensy little dilemma before issuing their edicts? I don't think so.

As for the idiots planning on intentionally spreading COVID-19, I'm all for bringing the hammer down on them and charging them with at least a Class D Felony.

·
Registered
18,492 Posts
It all depends on what they call it, I guess. Communities around here are doing the same thing, though they legitimize it by calling them "community festivals". As positive case counts are allegedly rising here, masks and social distancing are being mandated while at the same time, these annual community festivals are being held and heavily promoted by their respective cities, boroughs and townships. Originally conceived through "junkie economics" (as I refer to it), the only purpose of these events is to bring in a quick "fix" of funds to help cover the exorbitant and wasteful expenditures of their respective gov't bodies. Naturally, many of the attractions and activities include food which negates any pretenses that mask use and social distancing will mitigate the alleged risks. Not one of the local municipalities had even floated the idea of possibly cancelling these festivals, their greed overcomes them. It's hard for the citizenry to take something seriously when the gov't entities clearly don't.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
X-die in car wrecks each day.
X-die of flu each day
X-die of cancer each day
X-die of old age each day
X-die of something each day

You are NOT repeat Not going to stop, eliminate, cure the Chinese flu. We will figure out the best treatment at some point. No matter what you do or I do or don't , you are going to get it just like EVERYONE gets a cold or flu. Most EVERYONE will survive the Chinese flu. How much are you going to be a bubble boy? Where is the black plague? Spanish flu? AIDS? Small pox....
This is being over played for reasons other than health and safety. How much? Seams more than not that's for sure but we will only know after it makes little difference. So freedom of choice should be first as my guess is not only as good as yours but mine.
My 83 year old aunt had this and lived. She gets sick with cold every year. She is more frail that health yet beat this. How to treat this is the answer as the answer on how to stop it is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Test? Test for IQ not this flu.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts