Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Light Weight, Enhanced Commander in 45, w/Ajax diamond checkered rosewood stock panels.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
I like it!

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
That's a real purdy shootin' iorn. That New? How does it run?

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Oh another Colt post....Big Deal....Who Cares?
Colts are just simply a spoiler...meaning that they can spoil you real quick. Nice .45 ya gotta ja there!!!! Don't know what it is about a Colt, they just seem Right in so many ways.
I have owned a bunch of different pistols, but my all time favorite....my last to ever get rid of if it ever came to that would be my Colt Defender. It has from day one felt like an extension of my hand when it comes to point and shoot.
Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not new, I've had it for 8 years and it was used when I got it. It really likes the Lyman cast 452460 200 gr. SWC. It is a really nice gun. I have the OEM synthetic wrap around grips with the Colt Medallion, but the Ajax also came with it and they look much nicer.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
As with all of the Colts you have been posting, this is a sweet one. I would love to have one of their New Agent pistols, and would be even happier if they made it in .40 S&W!

·
Administrator
39,373 Posts
That is a handsome pistola! :thumb:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congrats

I like Colts

1998 CCO

They shoot well, don't they? :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's prettier than my Colt, but mine has seniority ... 1918.
DSC_0064.JPG

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love the 1918, I have Colt revolvers in that generation but no pistols. I keep looking, maybe some day.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
Nice weapon!
I like the Commander size 1911.
an another case of Taurus really missing the boat by not using their AL frame to make a light weight commander in my opinion!
I got a cheap old Colt laying around here somewhere myself???
I think mine might be a parts gun cause the frame and slide are different colors?
here it is!

Attachments

Reactions: guesser

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Friends from Central Wyoming came by for a visit yesterday afternoon. We were talking guns as we always do and it came out that he was in the market for a 45, I pulled this one out of the safe and handed it to him. He looked and said nice things about it and about me and then turned to his wife and said; "can I have this for my birthday", she took it, looked it over and liked it. It fit her just as well as it did him. They hunt, shoot etc. together so she asked me if it was for sale. I said why not, I don't use it, I just look at it, for "purty". They got it for what I had in it. I'm glad it went to someone I like and trust and appreciates a nice piece. Now off to the gun show this weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts