Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a close call this morning. I took a couple of my guys to Mickey D's for some breakfast and as we walk in there is a guy that immediately started talking/running his mouth to us for no reason at all. I get a funny feeling about him so i go out to the truck to get my pt140. I dont carry while at work because i sweat too much, but its never far away. We all (3 of us) brush him off and continue waiting for our food. Food comes and we eat. I go to the bathroom and come back out and the guy is gone. I order some more food for a guy that stayed back at the job site. It comes and we head out the door towards the truck. As we get to the truck I hear the guy start talking smack again from the side of the building and coming towards us. We get in and continue to ignore him. He walks straight up to my truck and punches the drivers window hard enough I thought he was going to break it and instantly steps back in a fighting stance. I open the door and tell him he'd be better off stepping away and not touching my truck again. I sit back down in the seat and start to close the door, he steps forward again and slaps the door open as I try to close it. I get completely out of the truck and tell him that's his last warning. He steps closer to me and flexes like he's going to hit me. I don't flinch. He steps back and starts saying that he knows Texas law and yada yada. I ask him, "do you know what percent of Texas residents conceal and carry handguns?" His response was erratic, saying "go ahead, shoot me!" I pull my phone out and call 911, as he has struck my truck twice and I feel like he is a serious threat. Austin PD gets there within 1 minute of hanging up and two more squad cars get there with 3 minutes. The guy heard me on the phone with 911 and even came right up to me and was swearing loud enough for the dispatcher to hear him. The police show up and take my side and the witness that recorded most of the incident. (Great, it will probably end up on YouTube) I hand them my chl and drivers license, the cop looks at me and asks, "you're a chl holder?" I reply with yes sir. He asks if it's on me or in the truck and I tell him on me. He said ok and never asked to see it or anything. The guy ended up getting treated by ems and then hauled off to jail. All things considered I think it went pretty well.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Glad everything worked out for the best.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
555 Posts
So I had a close call this morning. I took a couple of my guys to Mickey D's for some breakfast and as we walk in there is a guy that immediately started talking/running his mouth to us for no reason at all. I get a funny feeling about him so i go out to the truck to get my pt140. I dont carry while at work because i sweat too much, but its never far away. We all (3 of us) brush him off and continue waiting for our food. Food comes and we eat. I go to the bathroom and come back out and the guy is gone. I order some more food for a guy that stayed back at the job site. It comes and we head out the door towards the truck. As we get to the truck I hear the guy start talking smack again from the side of the building and coming towards us. We get in and continue to ignore him. He walks straight up to my truck and punches the drivers window hard enough I thought he was going to break it and instantly steps back in a fighting stance. I open the door and tell him he'd be better off stepping away and not touching my truck again. I sit back down in the seat and start to close the door, he steps forward again and slaps the door open as I try to close it. I get completely out of the truck and tell him that's his last warning. He steps closer to me and flexes like he's going to hit me. I don't flinch. He steps back and starts saying that he knows Texas law and yada yada. I ask him, "do you know what percent of Texas residents conceal and carry handguns?" His response was erratic, saying "go ahead, shoot me!" I pull my phone out and call 911, as he has struck my truck twice and I feel like he is a serious threat. Austin PD gets there within 1 minute of hanging up and two more squad cars get there with 3 minutes. The guy heard me on the phone with 911 and even came right up to me and was swearing loud enough for the dispatcher to hear him. The police show up and take my side and the witness that recorded most of the incident. (Great, it will probably end up on YouTube) I hand them my chl and drivers license, the cop looks at me and asks, "you're a chl holder?" I reply with yes sir. He asks if it's on me or in the truck and I tell him on me. He said ok and never asked to see it or anything. The guy ended up getting treated by ems and then hauled off to jail. All things considered I think it went pretty well.
Wow quite a story, you showed great patience and tact in handling the situation. Did you ever draw your weapon? Glad it turned out the way it did for you. You showed great restraint. Kudo's.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wow, well handled on your part. You never know when some crack head or whatever will stick their nose in your day. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
24,939 Posts
Good on ya lad for staying cool and let the law handle it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you ever draw your weapon?
Nope, I considered it the second time he hit my truck just because he seemed to be getting more reckless. I'm glad I didn't though. I think it would have made things more difficult. I was able to give my side of the story to the police and be on my way.

Thanks everyone! I think in my younger days I would have been more inclined to get in a physical confrontation with the guy, but after time in the army and all the other things I've been through I've started letting a lot more things slide off my shoulders.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Well done! Way to keep a level head.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
You are more, gracious, patient, and cooler than I think I could of been. Congratulation on your demeanor and preparedness.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Only thing I question is getting out of the truck.It does give the guy a chance to attack you.I am strictly an armchair quarterback here and hope I could be as level headed as you in the same situation.Good job.Your lunch was better than his I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Well done keeping a level head, but smart to get it when you did in case you needed it. Bravo.

·
Registered
460 Posts
First off thank you for serving our Country! Second, awesome job keeping you cool bro. Very well done!

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
Way to keep your cool. Sounds like you kept charge of the situation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well handled on your part. Its almost a MUST to carry with you whenever you are out, because you do not know what others are planning.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Good job! The guy was probably looking for a hot meal at the jail

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Well handled. That blozo didn't need shooting and your response was appropriate. Drawing the weapon is the LAST resort and the police were very happy and impressed you didn't draw.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts