Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had a few visits by the grandkids and some adult shooting friends in the last year. I keep getting asked the same question - Hey gramps we wanna shoot that big shotgun revolver. I have owned several Judges, I buy em - take apart/clean/lube and polish then someone always wants to buy them from me. So for a year I haven't had a Judge. It was obviously time to pick up another Jurist. Was surfing web stores and came across one of the long Judges for $338 with free shipping. I had just enough in my gun fund to get it.
P1030532.jpg
This big boy weighs 38.7oz's with the Hogue grip installed. This is a compact frame Taurus revolver. It is 5.1" tall, 1.5" wide, and the OAL is 12.5". DA trigger pull is 11.5lbs, SA is 4.8lbs. The barrel is 6.5" long. The target on the left was at 10 yards using Federal 2.5" 000 buck 410 ammo, the target on the right is at 20 yards and shows hits from a mix of factory and handloads. Accuracy with this Judge is excellent.
P1030537.jpg
This is the new Judge with its little but powerful court clerk, a Taurus 605.

I picked this new 605 about a month ago from my favorite LGS. His price was $300 OTD. The 605 weighs 23.1 oz's with the Uncle Mikes combat grip ( yes I lucked into another one of these on ebay ). It is 4.4" tall, 1.4" wide with an OAL of 6.5". The DA trigger pull is 9.0lbs, SA 4.0lbs. It has a 2" barrel, and is considered a small frame revolver. This target was at 15 yards and I ran a mix of factory and handloads in 38 and 357. All shots were in DA only. I still need to get used to the factory trigger or do a Wolff kit upgrade to get better accuracy.
P1030533.jpg
I did a front sight treatment and rear gutter blackout on the 605, so in a way it matches the Judge:
P1030535.jpg

I ran about 50 rounds through the Judge and the same through the 605 today. No failures, just shooting fun.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Excellent Review!!!!!

Just a side note the 605 is built on a small frame, not a compact frame.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Very nice!

I do have one question. The 10yd target shot with the Judge and Federal 000 buck shot, is that just one round shot at the target? If so that is a pretty awesome pattern at 10yds! It will make a great HD gun.

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice!

I do have one question. The 10yd target shot with the Judge and Federal 000 buck shot, is that just one round shot at the target? If so that is a pretty awesome pattern at 10yds! It will make a great HD gun.
That was 4 - 2.5" 000 Federal shells. I sent the 5th shell into a ground target.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts