Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
22,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my magazine from Taurus today, and noticed something I hadn't before about the curve.

taurus_curve.jpg

Look at that barrel.

taurus_curve_8.jpg

It looks like the rifling stops well short of the very odd muzzle, and there is an oversized segment between the end of the rifling and the muzzle. Guess that was the only way to give it the rounded muzzle profile they wanted.

Does it look the same way to everyone else?

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Looks like an AK muzzle brake.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I got my magazine from Taurus today, and noticed something I hadn't before about the curve.

View attachment 103798

Look at that barrel.

View attachment 103799

It looks like the rifling stops well short of the very odd muzzle, and there is an oversized segment between the end of the rifling and the muzzle. Guess that was the only way to give it the rounded muzzle profile they wanted.

It sort of reminds my of the muzzle of my blackpowder TC muzzle loader except that tapered slant to it....

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Think of it as a contoured bull barrel with a recessed crown to protect the rifling.

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Registered
36,676 Posts

Look at that barrel.

Yep! this was discussed in one of the other curve threads somewhere.
They could have made a Rhino Curve and put the barrel where the light is and the light where the barrel is , then it would have been really weird.

Reactions: Felix

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Yep! this was discussed in one of the other curve threads somewhere.
They could have made a Rhino Curve and put the barrel where the light is and the light where the barrel is , then it would have been really weird.
Weird and cool!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I've seen some other curve pix with a regular barrel. The one I tried in Miami had the slant. It was pretty cool

·
22,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen some other curve pix with a regular barrel. The one I tried in Miami had the slant. It was pretty cool
It's really not cool to taunt us like that.

Reactions: chicagotrauma

·
Registered
449 Posts
On the Taurus website if you keep clicking on the Curve you will get to a picture of a women shooting a Curve and that gun has a regular barrel.

·
22,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting; there are some pictures with normal barrels!

Taurus-Curve-180CRV-5.jpg

I wonder which will be the production norm.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Remember this is still preproduction I am sure the curve will change some more befor the final product finds its way to customers hands

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Remember this is still preproduction I am sure the curve will change some more befor the final product finds its way to customers hands
I am thinking the regular barrel was an early version and it did not look right with the rest if the gun, the curved barrel looks right. - Waiting patiently for them to hit the market, I will take my chances on one.

·
Registered
36,676 Posts
On the Taurus website if you keep clicking on the Curve you will get to a picture of a women shooting a Curve and that gun has a regular barrel.

HMMM
ever consider that there may be a Male and a female Curve??
perhaps that's how they manufacture them?
wait for a new litter!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts