Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Penetrating oil plus hours of heatin' and beatin' wouldn't budge 'em, finally had to break off the flange and snip the hub with a torch to get 'em off.
DSCF1553.JPG

2012 RAM 2500, only 44,000 miles.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,960 Posts
4X4 or 2 wh? application?

Reactions: kschilk

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
As a veteran John Deere tech, I feel your pain. The ol’ Carolina Blue Tip Wrench was often my first choice, not the last.

·
Registered
18,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4X4 or 2 wh? application?
2012 RAM 2500 4x4, these were the front. Eight years old with only 44,000 miles so this was the first time they'd ever been off.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,960 Posts
2012 RAM 2500 4x4, these were the front. Eight years old with only 44,000 miles so this was the first time they'd ever been off.
:thumb:

Ram fan, but not a fan of 4X4. If I need 4X4 I need to stay home.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
874 Posts
I've dealt with a few 4X4 Ram front ends. Each and every one gave me fits. And I dont live in an area where rust is prevalent. My hat's off to you.

·
Registered
18,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've dealt with a few 4X4 Ram front ends. Each and every one gave me fits. And I dont live in an area where rust is prevalent. My hat's off to you.
There's something about the '12 RAM 2500 4X4s, constant brake issues with those things up here. I've got several customers with 'em, different engines and colors but the same brake problems on every one. This one came apart much harder than the others but most of them got new rotors about every 2 years. Aftermarket rotors aren't quite so tight on the hub, either. This one should be a breeze the next time...:wink:...I Never-Seized the doggysnot out of everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts