Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Pick one of these 9mm handguns!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to run a fun poll to see what you guys think.

It will be used as a nightstand gun and a range fun gun, no competition or carry.

I left Taurus out on purpose because this is our home turf.

Only two choices, you can take one of these home today, pick one!

Comments???

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Don't see the choices.

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Like the feel of the S&W never held the Ruger.

Reactions: leejack

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I chose the S&W only because I've handled both and the S&W fits my hand pretty good.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Can't vote. Shoot neither, held neither, and know no one who has either!

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the record, I am familiar with the two designs. I have owned a P Series and a Sigma and liked them both for different reasons.

Keep the votes coming! :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
S&W M&P 9 Pro long slide with night sights.

Sig Sauer P250 9mm full size. Affordable, comes with sig night sights, DAO trigger.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't see any choices?

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Don't own either one. Just like Rugers

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I went with the Smith, I had a sigma which was bullet proof but both are great choices. I think the S&W is a more updated design though and should you decide you want to pack it its alittle more compact and not as bulky as the good ole brick - I mean ruger. Smith used to also sell them SD pistols as a "home defense package", dunno if they do still but if they do that's what I'd look at. They came with a locking pistol box and about a 100 lumins weapons light.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I vote for the P89.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I've shot 'em both and like 'em both. I did own a P95 so I did vote Ruger but what's right for me may not be what's right for you and even that can change. A few years back I decided to unload all my sa/da guns. All I have now are striker fired semi auto pistols or light DA - I have a 709 - that might as well be a striker in my book though the 1st shot is slightly different.

Dead heat - up to the OP. Both are sa/da, 4" barrel, come with 2 mags, have fixed sights and are a big bang for the buck. The S&W does hold one more round per mag. Is that a deal breaker??

Post up what you decide or if you let the poll decide for you!! :cool:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For those who are recommending other guns:

That's not what this poll is about but thanks anyways. :)

This poll is to get opinions on two (and only two) specific models.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
What about a Ruger SR9? Can be found online for not much more than the SD9VE
+1 on that. If I were looking at Rugers that's where my eye would be!~

*EDIT: Well, hush my mouth!! :eek:

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Can't say about the Ruger P95 and already own the SD9VE & SW9VE Sigma - other than "standard" accessory rail and lighter trigger on the SD vs. SW Sigma I see no difference in them - even use the same magazine. The Ruger and SD appear to be in the same pricing area - all mine were under or just over $300 when bought w/SS slide. Also have the SD40VE which is now my HD/Bedside. Did have a bit of a hassle installing a Picatinny rail mounted LED flashlight /laser combo on it - seems S&W rail on SD still not quite standard.LOL

1 - 20 of 46 Posts