Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was handed down to a guy by his great grandfather. It was issued to him in the war . The guy brought it into a pawn shop I was in at the time
He was asking $1200 for it. It was in great shape. I got to help take it down and everything was original except the grips.

Attachments

Reactions: dbeardslee

·
Registered
548 Posts
You should have jumped on it for that price!! That looks beautiful!!!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
So is it your gun now? If it is congratulations! please send more pictures

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I hope to get my grandfathers 1911 if anything ever happens to him. They would have to pry it from my cold dead hand, not trying to pawn something like that. Does that sound to crazy?

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
It's a sad state of affairs in this enonomy when any gun lover has to part with such a piece to make ends meet.

Sad, sad day...:(

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I was not able to afford it but wanted all of us 1911 nuts to get to see it. Just touching something like that was a joy and to be able to rack the slid which was tight and pull the trigger I was shocked at how well it was made. If someone is interested in it I could see if its still available.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Wow that is a peice of art!

I want one as close to 1911 as I can get one!

·
Registered
99 Posts
45 Forever I might be interested in it if it still available. Would it be possible to get more pics of it? Who is the maker?

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll check and see. I'll PM you with the info.

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's a few more pics!!!

Contact info Music City Pawn PH- 615-472-1100
musiccitypawn.com

Attachments

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
What a piece of history!

I enjoyed reading your write-up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wow, an actual Colt, and not even an A1. Did the mag have the lanyard loop, too?

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Man that is a great find.

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 1st pic on page 1 shows the lanyard loop pinned on the back. With the mag out.

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found a Video on it and they are exact except the grips which I said were not original. All stamping is the same.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lets hope the next owner appreciates this treasure for what it is and makes it a safe queen with limited outing to the range. It's history, but more important, it protected the soldier it was issued to and the freedom he was standing for.

·
Registered
31,696 Posts
Serial number appears to be 560831, it is a Colt and said property of United States Government

·
Registered
311 Posts
The 1st pic on page 1 shows the lanyard loop pinned on the back. With the mag out.
I see the loop on the butt. I was wondering whether he had one of the original magazines with the lanyard loop on the baseplate.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, I wonder if there is a more detailed history than it belonged to his grandfather,would be great if the history was passed along with the gun when it does sale.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts