·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I'd fly.. pilot it.

Reactions: whichfinger

·
Registered
988 Posts
All you need now is a one-third size Jimmy Stewart..

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
If I was multi-engine rated, I take a shot at it.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Ex-USAF and live only 2 hours from Oshkosh yet I've only twice been to Air-Adventure. Have also been to the EAA Museum a couple times.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I grew up two hours from Rockford. (For you whippersnappers, Rockford was the home of the EAA before it moved to Oshkosh.) In spite of Oshkosh being only a few hours longer drive, I never made it there, but I did attend Arlington a few times after we moved to Oregon. Even flew in myself one year.

Reactions: kmw1954

·
Super Moderator
35,502 Posts
All you need now is a one-third size Jimmy Stewart..
Pretty hard to shrink that man down from giant size! He was such an American treasure.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Which direction I grew up in Mchenry (1955-1981) Went to tech school in Rockford.
Small world! My wife grew up in McHenry. Me, about 20 minutes a tad north of due east from there, very near a circular body of water.

Reactions: kmw1954

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Yes I have been all over this part of my world. From Lake Michigan/Chicago up to Sheboygan to Stevens Point and back down to Rockford. Even spent4 months down in Rantoul/Chanute AFB. Somehow I just couldn't ever see myself relocating out of this area.

·
Registered
24,496 Posts
That is amazing. I am in love with it.

·
Registered
14,675 Posts
Yes I have been all over this part of my world. From Lake Michigan/Chicago up to Sheboygan to Stevens Point and back down to Rockford. Even spent4 months down in Rantoul/Chanute AFB. Somehow I just couldn't ever see myself relocating out of this area.
I was at Chanute from 1989 until 3 months before they handed the keys to the local mayor.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
I've flown my Skylane into Air Venture at Oshkosh 7 times, and drove there just as many times. Flying in via the Ripon Railroad tracks is the most fun. The ATC controllers there are awesome. Ask me sometime how I got into a kill position with a L-39 Albatros that was 200 feet below me and streaming smoke.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've flown my Skylane into Air Venture at Oshkosh 7 times, and drove there just as many times. Flying in via the Ripon Railroad tracks is the most fun. The ATC controllers there are awesome. Ask me sometime how I got into a kill position with a L-39 Albatros that was 200 feet below me and streaming smoke.
Okay, how? ;)

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee
1 - 20 of 23 Posts