Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this gun used but with a very low round count. I own several other Taurus autos with no problems but this one has empty shells stick in the extractor occasionally. I've put between 200 and 300 rounds through it and the gun still feels pretty rough, stiff trigger, stiff take down, etc. If anyone has had a similar problem, I'd like to hear about it. I'm not interested in spending all the cash it would cost to send it back to Taurus unless there is no alternative.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Depending on the previous round count (sounds like it was low), I'd suggest first a take down and VERY THOROUGH cleaning, then clean it again. Use the little straw with the Gun Scrubber and soak it down, if you don't want to completely disassemble. I have G2C-45, and most all of the G2 Owner's here concur it takes about 500 rounds, and lots of quality time with snap caps to get the trigger smooth. Hope that helps. Please keep us posted.

P.S.

You owe us a pic. :D
:nopics:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I agree with Zylo_X. Before I ever shot mine I cleaned it really good twice and lubricated it with Rem Oil. Then I cycled the slide probably 300+ times by hand to wear off any sharp edges or burrs before I even loaded it. Since you say it sometimes fails to eject, have you used different brands of ammo yet. So far my G2 40 has not been finicky but yours is a 9 and although I have not heard of it being a finicky eater it may be. Then comes the fun part of lots of shooting in order to break in the trigger. Mine has approximately 1000 rounds now and is very nice. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I sent my 24/7 in with an odd ejection problem. It came back in twelve days with a new extractor. Case solved.

If you're good with pattern files, you could try opening the extractor grip just a tad so the shells will strip out better. If you go too far get on the horn with them for a new extractor.

Who me? I don't know nuthin'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I'll take a look at the extractor this weekend and compare it to my other older 24/7s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts