Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a 9mm conversion for the PT101?

If so, how is the reliability of it?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Your best bet would probably be just keep the PT101 as is and buy new/used PT92/99. Ive never seen a conversion so trying to piece a conversion together would get pretty expensive (if its even possible).

·
Administrator
17,600 Posts
It might be possible to scrounge up the Slide Assembly and Magazines required, but by then you might already have 3/4 the cost of a new PT92 into it. CompOSS9mm had a very good suggestion in just looking for a used PT92.

Some PT92 parts and assemblies do arrive on Gunbroker occasionally, so you could watch that.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
If there is a 9mm conversion kit for the PT101 it would surprise me; because I don't think I've read of anyone on this forum who has converted the PT101 to a PT92.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'd contact Taurus customer service and ask one of the technicians about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a pt99 slide and barrel of ebay slid it on my pt101 frame and shoot 9mm all day long. Slide looks exactly the same. 40 barrels swap out the same (I think the 9mm barrel is a berreta). The barrel did need to be fit to the frame though. The wall thickness is bigger on the 9mm giving it the same O/D. The only thing that I can think is different is the recoil spring rate 16lb for 9mm and 18lb for 40s&w???? I now want to get a 22lr conversion for it, so I can go 22, 9 or 40 depending on my check book.

·
Administrator
17,600 Posts
The only thing that I can think is different is the recoil spring rate 16lb for 9mm and 18lb for 40s&w????
The original Factory Recoil Spring for the Taurus PT92/99 is rated at 13 lb.s which will run with very under-powered ammo. I use a Wolff 15 lb Extra Power Recoil Spring with no issues in my PT92, but full powered standard 9mm ammunition. 18 lbs should be the correct Recoil Spring for your PT101.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts