Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Average Ammo Prices for 9mm pistol ammunition compiled by ammo type from GunBot.Net. List of covered dealers is HERE.

Ammo Type (includes all rounds in category
Average Price per Round
Full Metal Jacket (includes FMJ and MC)$1.04
Jacketed Hollow Point$1.60

Ammunition categories include a wide variety of grades, types, brands and lot sizes.
Average price is computed only on ammo available for purchase.
Right now I'm doing this manually but will try to automate the report in time.
If you're interested in another type of ammo, you can compile your own report using the GunBot site and your favorite spreadsheet. Takes about 5 minutes, once you have it set up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been hunting ammo successfully in small rural towns. Found some Blazer Brass in a small shop on the Navajo reservation for 40 cents a round. FOund some Lawman in a rural gun shop for 63.4 cents a round. Both limited sales to three boxes of any caliber.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
That list takes into account all the prices that are being asked for ammo on their web site, but take a look at something in any caliber category. The ammo that is reasonablely priced, is always sold out, but the stuff that is priced at over three times the normal rate is available all day long. Not sure what good a list is that factors in price gouging. I tend to keep an eye out at Wal-Mart and local gun shops and have been stocked in all the calibers I shoot since before Christmas. Ammo is coming back and can be found for a reasonable price with a little effort.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yes, I've really had no major issues finding 9mm ammo in 115gr FMJ. Hard to find is any grain above that in FMJ. I run across JHP in 124gr on occasion but mostly 20 round boxes.

Reactions: coypu76

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks @Quiks draw - I will have a look and add your lists to the report.
This isn't scientific and may be wildly inaccurate. Certainly it's possible to shoot a cripple in an LGS or Wally World from time to time; I'm just listing available ammo at the time I do the report. The daily list tends to fluctuate a lot by evening, when I have enough time to get around to it.
Coypu

·
Registered
48 Posts
I keep gunbot up at work all day and prices are a lot cheaper than that. Matter of fact, as of this writing there has to be at least 20 items in 9mm available for $1.00 or less and quite a few of those are under 80 cents/round.

I have my alarm set for 40 cents/rnd and it'll go off on occasion.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I found 9mm 115 fmj at my local BiMart this weekend. Their regular price , not a sale. $31.95 for 100 rds. 2 -(100 rd) boxes per customer. I also picked up UMC .45 acp. 250 rd. box for $104. Best prices I have seen in a long time.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
You don't want to know what I'm reloading for per round THOUGH it is approaching what I used to pay for value packs many moons ago.

Reactions: coypu76

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Bought 3 100 federal packs late last week and 2 100 WWB in 40 cal today. .22 per round and .33 per round for each. No I'm not reselling as someone accused me of last week. I left 2 of the 40 cal on the shelf at Wmart at just before noon today. I do plan on having some massive fun this weekend.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ah, reloading....If I only could.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts