Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Walked into the other room, opened the locker.

Nope, no shortages here.

Would not be surprised if the O-M-G! WE NEED TOILET PAPER crowd realizes they need to stock up on ammo to defend their hoard against roving groups of TP banditos.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I just checked out my online supplier and my usual practice ammo is out of stock and the price went up $20.00 a case...

·
Administrator
39,388 Posts
Just checked my bulk supplier, and they have plenty. Luckygunner.com. I’m stocked pretty well right now, so no need to order.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
My gun store had a rush on guns this last week. The majority of the buyers were oriental (chinese, vietnamise, and korean). There is a large Asian presence in Tampa and we go to a lot of the restaurants. These folks are simply buying a gun for protection from those that would blame them for the virus and want to protect themselves and their family.

He sold every handgun he had and all of his long guns with the exception of 5 high caliber hunting rifles. He is just about out of ammunition and completely out of the popular handgun calibers. He has ordered more but the manufacturers have already raised the price. What he was paying $7 a box of 50 for a week ago is now costing him $12.

I don't think this is going to last very long but I do believe it's another chance for people to open their eyes and realize that they need to be prepared long term.

Don

·
Registered
36,039 Posts
Anyone else having trouble finding the last few days?
NOPE!
I just walk over to my ammo cabinet , open the door and wa-la its still there!
OF course olfarhors Munitions Depot is just downstairs in the garage and I am a Preferred Customer!
Now IF I could just figure out a way to make Toilet Paper in house!!!!

·
Registered
36,039 Posts
Walked into the other room, opened the locker.

Nope, no shortages here.

Would not be surprised if the O-M-G! WE NEED TOILET PAPER crowd realizes they need to stock up on ammo to defend their hoard against roving groups of TP banditos.
EXACTLY why I have compiled a list of Neighbors that have stuff that I need in case of the Zombie Breakout--and of course the book denotes those that own firearms and those that do not!

Reactions: BigBlue and 230JHP

·
21,974 Posts
I believe the going rate is off brand TP for FMJ, name brand stuff for hollowpoints. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36,039 Posts
Ammo- I got.

Will trade for Charmin Ultra Soft.

COME ON NOW!!
you live in Alabama--what you guys run out of Corn Cobs or what?

·
Administrator
35,122 Posts
We're about to be in the period of time that I'm very glad I reload. I have bullets for most calibers that I reload for, and the bullets I don't have, I'm pretty set for the time being. There is something very reassuring about having the powder, primers, cases, and bullets you need to get through a drought.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
For the most part I'm good. I am a little low on .45ACP. I think I'm down to 2,500 rounds. I thought I was low on #00 and #1 buckshot, but found a few cases I forgot about.

Maloy:devil:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
COME ON NOW!!
you live in Alabama--what you guys run out of Corn Cobs or what?
Been there, done that.

Most folks would not believe it- but a corn cob is much better that a slick page out of a catalog.
Growing up as a kid in the Mississippi Delta (cotton country).....the first 3 houses I lived in did not have running water, indoor plumbing or a bathroom. We had outdoor johnny's. When I moved to Alabama in 1959- the first 2 houses I lived in had running water added on and a bathroom installed on the back porch. Not original to the house.
Yep....I understand corn cob.
Most folks today would not understand that. And running water is a God send....something most folks do not comprehend.

·
Super Moderator
40,413 Posts
I have not noticed a shortage because I reload. I learned my lesson last drought and now keep a 3-4 year supply of ammo either in the form of loaded ammo or components to produce more. When I get down to a 3 year supply I place another bulk order to get back to at least 4 year supply. I did not get here over night, I employed a shoot one but 2 plan to get my supplies where I need them. Also as I take a ammo from my supplies I insert some cash into the gun safe to pay for that ammo and a little more. This way when I am ready to buy I have the cash set a side and I can afford to buy in bulk to get more for my money.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Been there, done that.

Most folks would not believe it- but a corn cob is much better that a slick page out of a catalog.
Growing up as a kid in the Mississippi Delta (cotton country).....the first 3 houses I lived in did not have running water, indoor plumbing or a bathroom. We had outdoor johnny's. When I moved to Alabama in 1959- the first 2 houses I lived in had running water added on and a bathroom installed on the back porch. Not original to the house.
Yep....I understand corn cob.
Most folks today would not understand that. And running water is a God send....something most folks do not comprehend.

I would add that you soak corn cobs in water for a while to soften before you use them. Not Exactly Charmin, but much softer than dried corn cobs.

I think you could make a suitable toilet paper by tearing paper like you would for paper mache, soaking it and then pressing together and letting dry. Old phone books would be perfect, except I haven't kept one, even when new for years.

Reactions: brojohn

·
Registered
895 Posts
Rural King ...all and any packed on the shelves here in Gainesville, Fl. and good prices for all.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Went by local gun stores and Rural King yesterday, lots of ammo to be had and no price rise yet.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts