Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as a matter of interest what do you guys pay, on average, for your 9mm ammo. My local purveyor of shooting consumables quoted me what would be in dollars $17.40 for 50 rounds of American Eagle 147g. Think I'll max out and buy as much as I'm allowed... all 200 round of it..!!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
At today's prices- that sounds good to me. I have seen 9mm fmj 115 around $8 per box a while back. But now- today its up, up, up......5 x that price- if you can find it.

·
Super Moderator
19,689 Posts
Jump all over that price. Probably FMJ but, that's still a good price. Go for all 200 rounds.

I tend to buy my FMJ in larger quantities 100 rounds and pay about $25 for them.

Reactions: ManxTom

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jump all over that price. Probably FMJ but, that's still a good price. Go for all 200 rounds.

I tend to buy my FMJ in larger quantities 100 rounds and pay about $25 for them.
Yes it is FMJ.. then again it's just for target shooting. We never get to see any hollow point types of ammo.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
I've seen some cases where a 25 round box of HPs were selling for over 50 bucks per box of 25 on places like Gunbroker and Armslist. Cheaper than Crap has a 50 round box of blazer brass fmj's for 58 bucks.

·
Registered
13,878 Posts
Local gun haven has/had Winchester White Box 9mm 50 round box advertised as $12.99. I would have run down and picked up 500 rounds, but they had a limit.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just before the Kenosha riots, I was able to buy 10 boxes steel case 9mm at Gander Outdoors for $10/bx. After the riots, I bought brass case 9mm there for $11/bx, limit 2.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,689 Posts
I've seen some cases where a 25 round box of HPs were selling for over 50 bucks per box of 25 on places like Gunbroker and Armslist. Cheaper than Crap has a 50 round box of blazer brass fmj's for 58 bucks.
Heck, I'll sell you 25 rounds of 45ACP, 9mm, 40S&W or even 357SIG (JHPs) for $50. I paid about a dollar a round (JHP) and even less, surprisingly, for Sig's V-Crown brand!

Reactions: Peacemakr40

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Salad days are over. I'm sitting on stuff I paid around 15 cents per round. I have 2 cases(1K each) of S&B 9mm NATO surplus I got for around 10 cents per bang. When Walmart put 9mm on clearance, I cleaned out 2 stores for around 9 cents per round, including some SD ammo.

I've seen "floor sweepings" in zip lock bags go for $1 per round from some vendors. Most of it is mixed FMJ.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Which makes my casting/loading @ .07/rd such a great deal. I stocked up on primers and powder before the shortage that was before the current shortage.

·
Registered
14,651 Posts
Heck, I'll sell you 25 rounds of 45ACP, 9mm, 40S&W or even 357SIG (JHPs) for $50. I paid about a dollar a round (JHP) and even less, surprisingly, for Sig's V-Crown brand!
I'm sorry to say that I don't use 40 S&W or 257 Sig and I literally have no more storage room for 9mm or 45 ACP. I could actually load about another 7500 rounds of those 2 calibers with what I have for components.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Super Moderator
19,689 Posts
I know we constantly hear from membership about the day drawing near when guns and ammo will be the currency of choice but had no idea we were apparently getting there so soon. But we had the discussion about businesses starting to turn down cash in preference for a card payment. Boy howdy, have we come a long way from visiting the bait and tackle store p the road from where I grew up and we kids would fight briars and thick bushes to make it to the store on the open highway. We always used to pack our pockets with candy and not have to worry about the ones. Our families had "credit" accounts set up with the old man who ran it and we felt like we was in high cotton. Course hat was back when penny bubblegum really cost just a penny and an 8 oz bottle of coke was just 15¢. We'd walk out with our pockets dripping with candy and feel like t was Christmas morning. And I recall when convenience stores started tightening up on extending credit to local customers. I had an afternoon after school job in a Minit Mart and we has "No Credit" posted all over the store but people still asked for it.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Premium Member
12,797 Posts
My LGS has been selling Magtech 115gr FMJ 50 rounds for $24.95, but have a one box per customer limit. Gun sales are bound to slow down when there is no ammo available to feed them.

Reactions: UncleBen

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW... I never thought I'd see the day when I could, truly, say.. "I can buy ammo cheaper than you guys..!!".

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is ammunition also plentiful over there? Pretty scarce here.
Yes, there seems to be a plentiful supply locally. Given the types of firearms used here I'd say top of the list would be .22LR of which there are loads, then 9mm, .357/.38, plenty, .44 and .45, plenty. As for full bore rifle ammo I have no idea as I sold my .308's and .243 as there is no range greater than 50m so why would I want to waste ammo at that distance..!!

·
Registered
36,108 Posts
WOW... I never thought I'd see the day when I could, truly, say.. "I can buy ammo cheaper than you guys..!!".
well IF you can get it approved on your end we can send you a few thousand "Peaceful" demonstrators and likely take care of that!--GriiiN.
its totally insane, was down at the range/gun shop again yesterday shooting and on the way out they were doing fed paperwork on 2 pistols and 1 AR, and they really have nothing to pick from!

·
Registered
36,108 Posts
My LGS has been selling Magtech 115gr FMJ 50 rounds for $24.95, but have a one box per customer limit. Gun sales are bound to slow down when there is no ammo available to feed them.
I don't know??
was leaving the range/gun shop yesterday and a guy bought an AR and asked for some ammo, the clerk said sorry but we don't have any, the guy just looked and said Ok, nobody has any!
I guess he was going to go pew-pew-pew if he needed to use it?

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE
1 - 20 of 57 Posts