Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
32,613 Posts
Not really as the Taurus 905 is still out there, but not selling that well. It would mean using clips for the ammo unless the designers come up with way to do away with them. Charter Arms has made a lot of semi auto pistol ammo in revolver models. While there are small cliques who like them the market is not huge for those.

The Taurus .380 revolver is still with us, but is also not breaking sales records. There is a small dedicated following. Then again.... I could be wrong. I thought the Judge series would tank some time back and it did not. :)

·
32,613 Posts
On second thought a 3" barrel of the 856 in 9mm. might be interesting. Colt and Kimber are offering 3" barrel guns, but just in .357 magnum and .38 Special.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Nope, not me.
For one, what gain, if any, do you get over 38+p or 357 magnum rounds in the same gun?
And I refuse to use half or full moon clips in ANY revolver.
Plus, the slowest selling revolvers in any gun shop are those that handle Semi-auto rounds using clips.
Again, nope. I'll stick to my 357 magnums.

Reactions: JStacy

·
Registered
365 Posts
You mean a nice light 9mm revolver to go with my G2C ? Nah, I'll pass. Moon clips just doesn't do it. When unloading or loading a revolver becomes more of a hassle because of the moon clips it's just not worth it to me. I'll take my good ole 38 anytime.

·
22,719 Posts
True. But it would be a pretty easy model to make. Same frame. Maybe the same barrel. New cylinder. They might even be able to make a convertible model.

{clears throat} Taurus 962

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
On second thought a 3" barrel of the 856 in 9mm. might be interesting. Colt and Kimber are offering 3" barrel guns, but just in .357 magnum and .38 Special.
Yup. The three inch barrel, on any revolver for that matter, is the sweet spot. Well, for concealed carry that is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts