1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a 3000 pack of lead 9mm from Wideners 7-8 months ago. I have gone through about 400 rounds of it (shot) of 6-700 reloads of it. Absolutely no leading, no tumbling, or fliers shot through my Ruger SR-9. They average about 122gr from the samples I weighed. But $159 delivered for 3,000 bullets. Absolutely a great deal for plinking / practice rounds. My cost using existing supplies $.098 a round. Going by new prices for primers and powder that I just bought (still using old though). $.124 a round. $6.20 a box at todays prices is not bad at all considering the last new factory box of 9mm I saw at my local gun shop was $32 for 50 with a limit of 2 boxes! My friends laughed at me when I said I was reloading 9mm. At the time you could get it for about $12. Who do you suppose is jealous now, when I go to the range and shoot off 10-12 17 round mags of 9mm and not even sweat it.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Poof - gone. I use 147 in matches and have prepared to switch to 124/125 if needed. JHPs are fine if they don't cost any/much more but 115 and 124 have been the most available 9mm bullets for some time - in my neck of the woods. I imagine that I'll find more b4 I run out but plan B is always a good idea - already have the reload rounds worked up.

·
Registered
37,586 Posts
I actually purchased 115 & 124 grain Hollow points (Raniers) for cheaper than the Round Nose many ,many months back, they(Midway) had them on sale , so they were cheaper.
They load and shoot the same as the RN /FP with the same loading.
People freak out at the range when they see me shooting hollow points at paper!!!
They are not defense rounds though so don't confuse them as such.
Mingaa you might check extreme bullets , i think i saw some 147's listed as in stock, course they go fast and this was a few days back, didn't pay a lot of attention as i was actually looking for .355 -100 grain for my 380's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.