Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to return my 99AF to the factory as the Locking Bolt broke (again)...the last time it happened they sent me two. This time I had to send the pistol back. It took just over two weeks...which is quite good IMHO.

I shoot moderate reloads and never "hot dog" it as I have other calibers to do that with. I use cast bullets and moderate powder charges.

The 99AF has adjustable rear sights....had two faikl on me where the right side of the blade would break off...seems the metal is too brittle. Taurus replaced both for me.

Many bash the company...I've had issues with Rugers, Remingtons, USRA, as well as with Smith & Wessons....Taurus did right by me.

Wally

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,883 Posts
That's the reason they get my money! :thumb:

And Welcome to the Forum :wave:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Had to return my 99AF to the factory as the Locking Bolt broke (again)...the last time it happened they sent me two. This time I had to send the pistol back. It took just over two weeks...which is quite good IMHO.

I shoot moderate reloads and never "hot dog" it as I have other calibers to do that with. I use cast bullets and moderate powder charges.

The 99AF has adjustable rear sights....had two faikl on me where the right side of the blade would break off...seems the metal is too brittle. Taurus replaced both for me.

Many bash the company...I've had issues with Rugers, Remingtons, USRA, as well as with Smith & Wessons....Taurus did right by me.

Wally
It is the best warranty in firearms.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Glad they took care of you and quickly.

I keep my locking blocks well oiled on my 4 PT-99's, knock on wood, I have not had one fail yet. My 1983 PT-99 has 10's of thousands of rounds fired. I do a visual inspection of the block every time I clean the guns.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
That IS good news! Glad they took care of your 99AF for you.

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try that. I had been using grease, but maybe I need to use oil instead...Thank you!

Glad they took care of you and quickly.

I keep my locking blocks well oiled on my 4 PT-99's, knock on wood, I have not had one fail yet. My 1983 PT-99 has 10's of thousands of rounds fired. I do a visual inspection of the block every time I clean the guns.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
cat stopping by.jpg

Glad they are taking care of your problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts