Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Range trip today.... literally only a half hour to shoot 70 rounds at 25 and 50 yards. I really enjoy this gun!! Used 115 grain Federal aluminum case and 147 grain American Eagle. No issues whatsoever! 20190831_135328.jpg
20190831_135239.jpg
20190831_135227.jpg
20190831_133640.jpg
The bullseye target is the 50 yards and the USPSA target is the 25 yard. I like the open sights but need to enhance the front post.

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
I HAVE to get mine back out....much fun.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
They're a hoot to shoot
A pain in the butt to clean
I'm keeping an eye on AP2020 (youtube channel but also a part time member here) - Nito just ordered one of those HighTower bullpup stock kits. They are kind of expensive, but if they do what they advertise and "field strip in seconds" it very well may be worth it.

I don't think I clean my 995 more than about once every 1000+ rounds because of the posterior discomfort it causes to dismantle....I tend to just prop the breach open, run a couple of patches front to back, and spray some Hoppes at the bolt face, currently :eek:

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
The factory sights are surprising good. Make sure to locktite the front sight. I have run my 995TS so dirty the breach looked like it was tar coated. It never missed a beat.

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
I'm contemplating running mine dirty until it malfunctions...and then sending it in to the factory to have them clean it. ;)

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not really a fan of the bull pup stock. Surprisingly I like how it looks as the TS even though everyone says it's ugly! I have heard the bull pups work well.
I would change the trigger guard and grip shape if I could.
I'm comfortable running it dirty as the manual says to let it go for 1500 rounds before stripping it to clean. I'll squirt it with Break Free CLP, run a patch down the bore every couple hundred rounds and see how it goes. With the warranty they offer and the cleaning instructions it should be durable as a tank!

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
I'm keeping an eye on AP2020 (youtube channel but also a part time member here) - Nito just ordered one of those HighTower bullpup stock kits. They are kind of expensive, but if they do what they advertise and "field strip in seconds" it very well may be worth it.

I don't think I clean my 995 more than about once every 1000+ rounds because of the posterior discomfort it causes to dismantle....I tend to just prop the breach open, run a couple of patches front to back, and spray some Hoppes at the bolt face, currently :eek:
I had seen the other aftermarket stock for the 995 TS, the ATI, that is discontinued I believe. I was curious about the bullpup and found this video. He does quite a sales job. At 250 it's probably a no-go for me...but 175.00 might be a sweet spot for the sales of these. Hi-point should buy the design and tooling.

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts

·
8,549 Posts
Hi-Point carbines are the cats meow! Hard for a die hard gun cleaner to let it go 1500 rounds before a deep clean. I finally did the tear down at around 1100 rounds to console my OCD self. Other than an occasional magazine issue, they just run and run.

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
Hi-Point carbines are the cats meow! Hard for a die hard gun cleaner to let it go 1500 rounds before a deep clean. I finally did the tear down at around 1100 rounds to console my OCD self. Other than an occasional magazine issue, they just run and run.
I got curious and just watched a video on the "field" strip to clean it. Not too tough...but it's no 1911.:eek:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Since it cost as much as the gun itself, I had to talk myself into buying the High Tower bullpup. I felt foolish after I ordered it, but I got over it. I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Since it cost as much as the gun itself, I had to talk myself into buying the High Tower bullpup. I felt foolish after I ordered it, but I got over it. I absolutely love it.
Am I missing something? I can't seem to find the pictures...??? Hmmmm

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
Am I missing something? I can't seem to find the pictures...??? Hmmmm

His first post shows the OEM 995-TS...my post #10 shows the aftermarket stock for 250.00 bucks...the OP must be so busy playing with his that he hasn't gotten around to showing what his looks like now. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts