Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have about 1,000 rounds through the magnum cylinder, only 100 through the LR cyl. No malfunctions or problems yet. Extraction easy and positive. Very happy with the purchase. Accuracy wise, shooting NRA bullseye style, I am almost the same as when I shoot long rifles. Highly recommend it to anyone considering purchasing one.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Geezer that's a lot of magnum. I'd be dead broke shooting that much. I'm probably the other way around where I've shot 1000 lr and only 100 mag haha.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As is probably obvious, I really like the 22 mag. Had about 6,000 rounds on hand. Now I am at about half that Just under 3,000 rounds are Hornady reserved for hunting. The rest is fun stuff, about 1,400 rounds available for that.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It’s a great revolver.

Every time I get tempted to get the S&W, I think, “Why?”

I have a great revolver that can shoot both. I mounted a Bushnell Red dot on it.

Great revolver. I have over 5000 rounds of 22 LR and 500 rounds of 22 WMR through mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: MoMan

·
Registered
880 Posts
Have about 1,000 rounds through the magnum cylinder, only 100 through the LR cyl. No malfunctions or problems yet. Extraction easy and positive. Very happy with the purchase. Accuracy wise, shooting NRA bullseye style, I am almost the same as when I shoot long rifles. Highly recommend it to anyone considering purchasing one.
6 or 4 inch ? If it is 6 inch barrel how's the weight distribution?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
6 or 4 inch ? If it is 6 inch barrel how's the weight distribution?

I have both. You definitely know you have an extra 2.5" of barrel on "6" as it's a bit muzzle heavy, but not problematic IMO. Both fun guns. I prefer the 6.5" length.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have both. You definitely know you have an extra 2.5" of barrel on "6" as it's a bit muzzle heavy, but not problematic IMO. Both fun guns. I prefer the 6.5" length.
Do you prefer the longer barrel for the increased sight radius or the increased velocity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Do you prefer the longer barrel for the increased sight radius or the increased velocity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sighting.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Just added to my christmas list! Had been thinking about getting a wheel gun in 22lr.

Reactions: MoMan

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have 1 with the 6" barrel. It is a ball to shoot with 22mags. I like the feel of the extra weight, it feels like a very well built handgun. Mine is blued, almost black, and looks great. I could not be happier with mine, I purchased this one when they 1st came out with the Taurus Tracker 22.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have model 94 22lr 5 inch barrel. In the past I was concerned about the weight of the 992 but I really like the idea of having the 22 mag as well. I have owned a 4 inch tracker in 45 colt that I regret selling. My 6 inch judge shoots so well and I already have a 4 inch barrel in my AA glock conversion upper. The 6 inch 992 is going to be my next purchase. My 94 will be going on chopping block once it comes back from taurus with new firing pin. A new revolver to look forward too.....yeah!

I have also been considering the circuit judge in same combo but have some concerns about its performance that the 992 doesn't seem to share.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Well I found good deal on 6 inch blued 992. It is a heavy gun but what a hoot to shoot. Picked it up today and went straight to the range. It was lightly used. From the looks of it not used at all. No wear ring on cylinder 22lr and 22mag cylinder never used. Sighted in 8 yards in couple minutes. This thing is accurate. I was hitting pieces of 2 x 4 out to 50 yards with ease. Free hand takes a but to get used to barrel weight but once you make adjustments very easy to shoot. Can't wait to get back out there with some 22 mag. Tacker Trigger in double action super sweet . Dont know if previous owner changed spring but one of the nicest triggers for a 22 I have. I can see it becoming my favorite 22 revolver.

Reactions: loudviking and Wino

·
Registered
880 Posts
I can't get enough if this gun. Way too much fun.

Anyone know what size wood grips would fit this frame.

That six inch barrel convinced me to pick up a glock 17l. Too sweet

Reactions: Wino
1 - 20 of 24 Posts