Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of circulation these past few days and don't know if this has been mentioned yet. Was checking out Davidson's and noticed they had a new Taurus 22LR/22mag I haven't heard of. The 22lr is the 990 and the 22mag the 991. Both are 9 shot with ribber grips. Looks like they will be available in 4" and 6" versions in either blue or stainless. Is this the replacement for the 22 Tracker or an additional offering?

http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/...=All&cat=All&type=All&cal=All&fin=All&sit=All

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Rainman, nice spot there.

I"m guessing its a Tracker. But whether its a replacement or an additional model I don't know. This could be something that was released at the recent NRA show.

The above link shows a weight of 44 oz with a 6.5" barrel which is about what the 22 Tracker lists. Plus it has ribber grips and a similar price.

Knowing Taurus a little I'd expect either internal changes or a different barrel profile.

Here's a link to the 6.5" 22 Tracker currently listed:
http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=392&category=Revolver

Steelheart

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
You know I thought I looked at every gun at the NRA show. Which I did!! The only thing even close to this in discription is the 970 & 971 and the web site comes up blank on the 990 or 991.

Wait one, I must be getting old. No image, but Model:990B4
990 22LR, BLUE, 9 SHOT, 4" BARREL, ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS
on the 2nd page of what is new for 2008 in revolvers.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So my guess is that the 7 shot 970/971 is going to be replaced by the 9 shot 990/991. Kind of makes sense. Did't they do the same thing with the 607 awhile back by adding an additional shot or two and calling it the 608??

Meaning no disrespect to Taurus but this is probably academic anyway. Finding any model of their 22LR revolver line up for sale is nearly impossible. I waited months to get my Tracker and haven’t seen another one for sale since except on Gunbrokers where they wanted a ridiculous price.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yes, I did look at them for months. I only saw one in a gun shop at a reasonable price, $270 NIB. But someone got it before I could make up my mind. Then I just kept looking at the 905, which makes a great mate to my PT111. I may wind up keeping my 357 for a house gun, that Rossi seems almost twice the weight of the 905.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Nope, of course I have only been to gun shows for the last 3 weeks, and the guys there were selling 94's steel for $265. and ultralites for $298. Not a new model anywhere to be seen.

SPECIFICATIONS
Model: 990B4
Caliber: .22 LR
Capacity: 9
Barrel Length: 4"
Action: DA/SA
Finish: Blue
Grips: Ribber
Weight: 38 oz
Frame: Large
Trigger Type: Smooth
Length: 8-3/4"