Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always carry C&L but I have a safety issue that needs to be corrected... while releasing the slide a piece of the hammer catch broke off. Now when I use the safety to decock the hammer the hammer slams home to the firing pin. What is the normal procedure for getting a repair? Can I send it myself or do I have to got thru a FFL?

Thanks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You can send it yourself to the factory for repair (they're licensed). No need to go through an FFL. You will need to ship air freight, though. I believe the cheapest is DHL which will allow two day air for guns... unlike UPS.

·
Administrator
17,915 Posts
Sounds like the Half-Cock Notch on the hammer lost it's upper ridge. Definitely, Send it back and get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If your comfortable with ordering parts and installing them yourself, you might be able to just order the part from Taurus and save yourself some time and you won't be without your firearm. Personally, I never ever use the decocker on any firearm I have ever owned. Partly because when I learned to shoot there was no such thing as a decocker and mainly because in general, I don't trust them (for reasons you now know about, they can fail).

·
Registered
126 Posts
You may want to contact the gun dealer your purchased it from. I've heard that some will ship your gun back for free since you purchased it from them. A phone call may save you some money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts