Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new to me PT99 shhoting for the first time today, at my own personal range (NV BLM). I love it. Reminded me so much of the M9 I shot in the Marines. Accuracy was good. Had a failure to eject on the first round (stovepipe), no other malfunctions. This is from 10yds.
. Gun Trigger Shooting sport Bow and arrow Shooting

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,427 Posts
Nice pistol, nice shootin' also and Thank you for your service.
Clip art Flag Graphics

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Great shooting, my friend.:D

The Taurus PT92/99 line of pistols just seems to get better with age.:thumb:

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

·
Registered
109 Posts
nice shooting, i just purchased a 1994 modle pt101af. pre taurus security lock and pre acc rail. cant wait to shoot it tomorrow

·
Registered
109 Posts
nice shooting, i just purchased a 1994 modle pt101af. pre taurus security lock and pre acc rail. cant wait to shoot it tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Congrats, hard not to like the PT-92/99!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats, hard not to like the PT-92/99!
wish everyone saw that. on a local forum here i just joined the majority say stay away and swear by Glock. Don't understand the infatuation. I like having a hammer and a safety but i don't go around downing Glocks and certainly dont say "stay away". makes me mad

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wish everyone saw that. on a local forum here i just joined the majority say stay away and swear by Glock. Don't understand the infatuation. I like having a hammer and a safety but i don't go around downing Glocks and certainly dont say "stay away". makes me mad
Glock snobs! They stick their nose up at anything non-glock. The 92 series guns from Beretta and Taurus are some of the sexiest guns around, beautiful lines, not a brick with a handle.

Glocks are nice, as are other polymer, striker fired guns. I jsut prefer the heft of an all alloy firearm.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm going to try to carry this thing... once in a while. I am used to carrying a small pocket pistol. This thing will be a challenge. I definitely wont do it every day.
I carry mine IWB in a Bianchi 3S at about the 4 o'clock position as well as a spare 19 round mag in a Bianchi holder on my weak side. After a while it isnt uncomfortable at all to carry such a large handgun. I think it depends allot on what kind of holster you use.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I carried it yesterday in an OWB holster that I used to carry my M&P in. That holster ain't gonna work, too much barrel hanging too low. I think I will have to stay OWB on this though. My pants are not big enough for a gun this big. :confused:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have a 1989 version and it is still my all time favorite. You picked up a nice one for sure.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It just takes some getting used to carry and some minor adjustments when buying clothes and belts. I have a few holster options and that helps a whole lot! I've played a 4hr gig, adding a guitar around my neck, and carried the whole night. no one knew and nor did I

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glock snobs! They stick their nose up at anything non-glock. The 92 series guns from Beretta and Taurus are some of the sexiest guns around, beautiful lines, not a brick with a handle.

Glocks are nice, as are other polymer, striker fired guns. I jsut prefer the heft of an all alloy firearm.
Snobs seems quite rightly put, and totally unjustified. Yes they great firearms, but really now, respect the choices others make. I chose my PT92 when i bought, not for the price, as then the glocks werent this uber over exposed on tele, "standard issue to every special forces corps" amazing wonder of the world. It was just another pistol laying in a display case with a bunch of others. I wanted a hammer and safety and the Beretta look is CLASSIC

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
The good thing about alloy framed guns even with a lack of ammo its still usable as a hammer should the need arrise. And Im not talking hanging pictures!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts