Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a revived threat about 917 vs 92c....but it is mostly about size comparisons.

I'd like a bit more on opinions about function, accuracy, and reliability as I saw a Taurus 917cs in LGS for about $200. I haven't had a Taurus in some years, but when I had a 92 and later a 99 they worked just fine (didn't have the problems with them reported on the interwebs).

Wondering about this model. Seems to be a cut down 92 on the front end and I understand they take regular 92/99 mags so I'll assume the grip is the same size. Looked good, felt like someone put a D-spring when I tried DA and the SA was okay.

Price is almost too low to say no to...but if anyone has any experience with them I'd be interested to hear it.

·
22,058 Posts
I have a 917CS. It is a shorter 92 with a rail.

I like the balance better than the full length 92. If you like shooting the 92/99 you will
also like the 917. JMHO

·
Administrator
18,161 Posts
If I could find a deal on a 917cs like that, I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!

What Gunshop did you say this was at? ;)

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Send a link to the LGS. Unless you already bought it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you haven't already made the purchase.....I have a PT917cs blued in box with all of the goodies only about 200 rounds through it with the original receipt I would sell for $325.00. I also have a PT945 same condition and goodies. I will be posting them if I don't trade them this Saturday at the gun show here in Dallas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts