Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 917cs, and have been looking for info on the pistol, i'd like to find combat grips, and a holster that will work with the front rail on the pistol. i called taurus and was told it would be added to their website soon, it is apparently a new model, so no info is available from their website.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
GO ARMY...
WE CAN ONLY BE WHAT WE GIVE OURSELVES THE POWER TO BE...

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
917 is exactly the same as the 92/99 the only difference being the slide,barrel,guiderod, and recoil spring is shorter making the gun about a inch or so shorter in length from the full size 92/99

the lower part of the gun (frame and everything attached to it) is the exact same as the 92/99

grips, hammer (Main) spring, tigger, levers, and the magazine are the same.

as for holsters any holster that fits a 92/99/100/101 will fit a 917, however depending on how the holster is made you may have an extra inch of holster because the gun is shorter.

fobus evolution series holsters should fit the 917 perfectly i have one i carry my 92 in and the gun sticks out about 1.5-2inch's out the bottom of the holster a 917 should fit perfectly fine in it.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
here's picture of the fobus holster so you can get an idea of how the 917 will fit in it, the 917 the slide is pretty flush with the frame so just imagine the it where the frame ends.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
joe sixpack said:
917 is exactly the same as the 92/99 the only difference being the slide,barrel,guiderod, and recoil spring is shorter making the gun about a inch or so shorter in length from the full size 92/99

the lower part of the gun (frame and everything attached to it) is the exact same as the 92/99

grips, hammer (Main) spring, tigger, levers, and the magazine are the same.

as for holsters any holster that fits a 92/99/100/101 will fit a 917, however depending on how the holster is made you may have an extra inch of holster because the gun is shorter.

fobus evolution series holsters should fit the 917 perfectly i have one i carry my 92 in and the gun sticks out about 1.5-2inch's out the bottom of the holster a 917 should fit perfectly fine in it.
I TRIED MY HOLSTER FROM MY 92, AND IT DOES NOT WORK. THE RAIL ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE BARREL IS SQUARE AND WONT SLIDE INTO THE HOLSTER. I SEE YOUR PISTOL HAS A RAIL ALSO, MY 92 DOES NOT, SO I GUESS I HAVE TO TRY THE HOLSTER YOU MENTIONED.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
might want to look at what fits a PT911 or 1911 i would think that will work just my opinion.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
For holsters, anything that fits a Beretta 92/96 Vertec will fit your 917 also.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
NRAJIM said:
I TRIED MY HOLSTER FROM MY 92, AND IT DOES NOT WORK. THE RAIL ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE BARREL IS SQUARE AND WONT SLIDE INTO THE HOLSTER. I SEE YOUR PISTOL HAS A RAIL ALSO, MY 92 DOES NOT, SO I GUESS I HAVE TO TRY THE HOLSTER YOU MENTIONED.
yes i was talking of any current production in the last 3 or so years 92/99/100/101, all of those and the 917 come with a rail.

also like NYPD said beretta vertec (beretta with rail) expect again you might end up with a inch or so of unused holster depending one what kind you have.

leather holsters can usually be made to work since it's a forgiving material form fitting plastic/kydex however no.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im also looking for an IWB holster for my PT917CS. My 917 doesnt have a rail, will it fir any 92/99 holster?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
wow never seen a 917 without a rail, did you buy it nib like that? my time line might be a bit foggy but i thought the 917 had only been out a couple of years.

it should fit basicly the frame is the same as the 92 it just has a shorter slide,barrel,recoil spring, and guide rod.

so pretty much it's just the upper that is shorter and the lower (frame) same.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Must be exclusive to the Philippines. The Mexican Taurus website had the 917 with fingers grooves a year before they came out in the USA and they still don't sell them around here yet.

Probably looks just like the pt85 or is it the 84 .380.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts