Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
18,931 Posts
Will a Model 917 C slide and barrel fit and work correctly on a M99 AF frame?
There are no silly questions and while the PT917 Frame design is based on the PT92/99 Pistol, there were substantial changes that WILL NOT allow the PT917 C Slide to work on the PT92/99 Frame.
Also note that the Magazines do not interchange.

·
Administrator
18,931 Posts
Afraid I'm going to have to eat some Crow here on this one, as I've made a gigantic Boo-Boo!!! o_O

When I answered this thread, I got my model numbers mixed up and was actually thinking of the PT909, a Taurus Pistol that should have been more popular than it was..

Taurus PT909

The PT909's upper Slide Assembly IS NOT at all compatible with the PT92/99 Frame, even though the PT909's Frame design was derived from the PT92/99.

The PT917 C Slide Assembly should however, be compatible with the PT92/99 Frame, with some caveats.
The main differences are that the PT92 Frame front dust cover may be a hair long for the PT917 C Slide and the PT917 C Frame is a bit beefier by the take down latch.
With the latter in mind, a limited amount of +P Ammunition might be wise. Also, Magazines between the PT917 C and PT92/99 ARE compatible.
BTW, a PT917 C is on my ever growing "Wants" list.

Taurus PT917 C

I'll have my Crow served well done, now, and without Shotgun Pellets. ;)

Reactions: ron in md
1 - 14 of 14 Posts