Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my LNIB 909 yesterday and noticed that it hits just a bit to the left and my sights are fixed. I broke it down to see if there was a way to remove the sights or adjust them from inderneath somehow but didn't find any way to do so.
CAN these sights be switched out for some that adjust or am I just going to have to learn to adjust accordingly?

·
Administrator
18,578 Posts
The PT909 and the whole PT900 series sights are somewhat drift adjustable, side to side. The rear sight retains the Firing Pin Lock Safety and drifting the Rear Sight too far to the Left releases/launches it skyward into "Never to be Found" land. You can only drift the Rear Sight about 1/8 inch to the Left, for that reason. Rightward drifting of the Rear Sight can be done within reason, about a 3/8 inch limit. Also, the Material of some of the Rear Sights has been Plastic, and it is very easy to mar them. For drifting I use a Cloth covered Blunt ended brass rod. However, this has been to install or correct other shooters sights at my clubs range. All of my pistols sights remain stock/centered.

Best to work on your Marksmanship technique a bit before messing with your sights. I find that most all of my handguns shoot to point-of-aim (POA) with a dead on hold and the proper trigger pull.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, nice chart. Mine fall in the "too little trigger finger" category.
I'll give it a whirl. Thanks.
Oh,and just for the record my 7 year old just put a round downrange with it and he likes it too. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts