Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
001.JPG Just picked this up a few days ago..I put 200 rounds thru it and its a sweet little shooter, SA trigger pull is very nice, DA is a little heavy but it stays on target and will loosen up, the ergonomics and grip angle are perfect..sight aquisition is immediate..my girl friend fired 50 rounds thru it with 115 FMJ and 124 JHP and had no trouble with recoil and shes a small gal..our target was a newspaper at 25 feet and she hit 5 for 5 on her second volly and then she was a dead eye..the clips are new to me but they were no trouble at all, just takes a few seconds to load them..
I`m sold on this little 9MM, a good CC and a bedside gun for the little lady... I give it an A+

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree..... I picked up the Taurus 905 9mm 2in Stainless Snubby 9mm Revolver today.... and hit the range on the way home (with only a slight detour). Normally I would have cleaned and oiled the gun to get the factory grease and such out... but a paper towel did a quick job of it at the range.

Very comfortable gun, shoots great and feels good. Stellar clips held the 9mm rounds just fine no problems and were easy to load/unload... and very quick to load the whole cylinder at once. For grins I tried to shoot without the stellar clips and no problems shooting, but ejecting can be an issue. After shooting without the stellar clip, I pointed the gun up and tapped the grip in my other palm and most shells came out or loose, some needed a picking out with either finger nail or shell casing. Exactly what I expected.

I have the Taurus 94 SS 22 9shot Revolver (another recent purchase) and it is the same size and similar weight. The sights on the 22 are much better (adjustable) whereas the 905 is fixed in the frame. A little neon nail polish might be in order for the 905.... I sure wish they came with the adjustable sights on the 905... and I wonder if they can be "smithed" in the frame (something I will check into).

All in all... quite pleased with the 905 and I can pack it with my 9mm Ruger KPs when I go to the range and only take the 9mm ammo.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
...And the fan group grows!!!! Congrats on the smart purchases of the 905s... I have 2 of them -- a blued 905, and a blued 905c IB w/ shorter barrel and bobbed hammer. There are many past threads about these 9mm wonders in the revolver section!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a stellar pic of your new revolver!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Good to hear all of the good reports. I should be picking up a blued 905 in a month or so.

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Congrats And welcome to TA.. I also love my 905, plenty of rounds down range with no trouble. Quick tip, roll the rounds and casings in and out of the stellar clips with a slight twist like your screwing them in and out and you will use the same clips over and over. Also on the "cheap"find yourself a RX bottle of the right diameter and it will hold some loaded Stellers very nicely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats And welcome to TA.. I also love my 905, plenty of rounds down range with no trouble. Quick tip, roll the rounds and casings in and out of the stellar clips with a slight twist like your screwing them in and out and you will use the same clips over and over. Also on the "cheap"find yourself a RX bottle of the right diameter and it will hold some loaded Stellers very nicely.
Thanx for the tips, put another 100 rounds thru it, the DA is loosening up a bit...dang fine little shooter

·
Registered
436 Posts
Would you people quit commentng on this thread . Al youare doing is making people mad . I mean ... ok you are making me mad. Why because i can not afford one yet j/k . I really would like to get a 905 I think they look just as good as the other Taurus revolvers. I also like the caliber making it easier to share with my Semi. I also want to thank you for your range report. I just wish I could afford one right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts