Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 905 this week. The gun I love, even though I have not fired it yet.
But the manual for the revolvers, online and printed that I have looked at do not even mention the 905 in the models, or spec's. Not even in the ammo lists.
I was looking to find out about ammo spec'd for it. I figured 115 gr, and 124 gr standard is no problem. It is built on the 85 frame, so I was hoping to see that it would say +p rated, just like the 85 does on the web site. But on the 905 description it does not mention +p at all.
I know they have said all since 2005 manufacture are +p rated, and we all know the web site is still a bit screwed up.
"I did ask the Taurus Nat'l sales manager at the NRA convention" when they were going to get it totally up dated. Her answer was it had been! I told her not as of the night before I talked to her! She seemed amazed at that comment from me, but it had to be said.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It's 9mm+P rated Robby...as long as it's of recent manufacture.

Heck, I run .38 Super loads through my .38 Spec M817. (Yes they chamber, but I'm not suggesting anyone try this---I don't want to be held liable) *previous was a disclaimer

·
Registered
384 Posts
Robby, I have nothing to add in regards to your ammo concerns but I feel I must tell you how JEALOUS I am of you right now. I have wanted a 905 for sometime. A 9mm revolver just seems like it would be a cool addition to the collection. Only place I’ve seem them for sale is Gunbroker’s and $319 seems a bit pricey for a discontinued model. Give us a range report so I can feel more miserable for not owning one.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, on the wanting one for bit. I saw these when I picked up my PT111 last fall. Everytime I went back I would look at it. You may be supprised to find that it might not be discontinued after all. I saw it in the newest catalog, and someone else said they make only limited quantities each year of that model. I got mine for $300 plus tax, if I had cash available that day I could have saved another $30 bucks, but Uncle Sam had not put any cash in my account yet, so I only had $25 bucks.
The range report might be delayed, as I am having a major problem right now, with my left arm, so I am not sure if I will be shooting much until they get it cleared up. I hate that as I am scheduled for a Handgun Defense course in June, that I might have to drop out of.

You right about it being sweet little thing. Small grip, pocket size cylinder, and boy on dry fire check it has that light super light SA trigger, DA was not bad either.

·
Administrator
35,307 Posts
The catalog says that unless it's an exotic-metal gun (can't remember the exact metal), it will handle +P just fine. If yours is stainless or blued, then you're good.

Do give us a range report, I love different guns like this......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts