Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have the 905 9mm is there a shell case stop pin poking out by the firing pin to keep the tapered shells from backing out when fired like on the S&W 547 9mm revolver? Anyone have pics of this area around the firing pin thanks, Rj

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Short answer, after getting my 905 out of my pocket, and looking at it unloaded!!

No there is not a pin or anything else that keeps the shells in place.

I do not have camera up today, but the stellar clips keep all 5 rds in the same place in mine. I am sure If I was not using the clips, some of the rds would back out a bit, but not by the time they reached the firing position.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used the stellar clip a few times but found it useless. It is made, as I understand it, to make shell ejection possible. I have found it easier for me to just pluck each spent shell with my fingers. Sure makes reloading much faster.

·
15,931 Posts
Well, I know you can get the casings out with fingers, which is ok for the Range. But I carry at least one extra Stellar clip, so I could do a quick reload. If I am using the revolver speedloader belt package, I can carry 4 extra stellar's in the same space as two 357 or 45 colt reloads. That is a lot more ammo!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
My only experience with 9mm and wheelguns was an old Ruger Blackhawk with the interchangeable cylinders: 38/357 and 9mm. I used the 9mm a lot, because 9mm surplus stuff was cheap and available then. But I never had a back-out problem, even with fairly hot handloads.

Had they done so, I think I would have felt some binding when the cylider revolved. Same hold true for BHawk in 45LC/45acp.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use my 905 frequently without the Stellar clip and have never experienced ANY problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a 905 9mm and cant seem to find any kind pouch or carrying case for extra ammo in the Stellar clips. Any one got any ideas that will help me carry a few extra rounds in clips?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I think I read the proper sized prescription bottle will hold two securely. Also, with the proper tweaking, you can just put them in yer pocket. Maybe Robby will chime in on a real package for these, he's the m905 guru. ;)

Coop

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maybe some of the Taurus folks will come out with clip/pouch setup like any other moon clip revolver set-up, unless someone has and I missed it

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I have found that Wally World has a lot of small, belt mounted cases, mostly nylon, for use with cameras, and cell phones. Some are in the Photo section, some in the electronics section, and some are near the school supplies.
They range from about $10 to over $50.
I've been nosing around for an off-the-gun pouch for my Laserlyte Q.D. (Quick Disconnect) laser that normally lives on my PT-92.
Maybe you could find something there that you can use.

·
15,931 Posts
Ok, I have been busy, but the speedloader case for the CA44 from HKS will work, each one will hold two stellar clips. I keep 4 in those, on my belt if I am carrying just the 905.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Robby™ said:
Ok, I have been busy, but the speedloader case for the CA44 from HKS will work, each one will hold two stellar clips. I keep 4 in those, on my belt if I am carrying just the 905.
I'm going to have to pick one up, thanks for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts