Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Father = idiot. It was bad enough he left his kid unattended in a running vehicle, but then he takes him on a high speed pursuit? This is practically child abuse. At the very least it's reckless endangerment.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Father = idiot. It was bad enough he left his kid unattended in a running vehicle, but then he takes him on a high speed pursuit? This is practically child abuse. At the very least it's reckless endangerment.

Have to agree as what if the guy shot back at him or he crashed chasing that guy? Wonderful that the kid did what he did to stop the bg though.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I've got no problem with the kid. He might be sharper than the old man. I'm left wondering how many beers that kid's already held for his Dad....

·
Registered
17,401 Posts
Two months from now it will be "The movie of the week" on CBS.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I wonder if the wife is giving him an " attitude adjustment " for pulling that with her son in the truck !

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I am going to disagree I think what the kid did was stupid and could have got him killed a pellet gun against a criminal who may be carrying a "real" gun is not smart but them again he seems to take after his dad (not smart either)

·
Registered
949 Posts
I won't argue with your thinking and I would NOT advocate what he did to anyone, young or old, as the outcome could have been much different and much worse.

However, in this case, it worked. The problem there is that it is being played up in the media (and here), so it sets an example that is far from the norm and that is always dangerous. Especially when children are involved.

Even having said all that, I applaud the moxxy of the kid. None of us were there and none of us KNOW what we would have done in the same circumstances. I am just glad it worked out well. Every situation is different and there is nothing we know about this situation that makes any of us experts about what should have or should have not been done. He reacted to HIS situation and, thankfully, it worked out well for him. Different perp, different situation, and he might not have survived. That is all conjecture and what if...

I am going to disagree I think what the kid did was stupid and could have got him killed a pellet gun against a criminal who may be carrying a "real" gun is not smart but them again he seems to take after his dad (not smart either)

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
It looks like a 50 Cal.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I give the kid a pass only on account of his age, inexperience, and obvious lack of intelligent parenting. Tactically it was not a good idea.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I give the kid a pass only on account of his age, inexperience, and obvious lack of intelligent parenting. Tactically it was not a good idea.
Now the press has reinforced to him that he is a hero for doing stupid things. Hopefully someone sat him down and had a long talk with him about what could have gone wrong I did not say the kid was stupid but that what he did was stupid and I hate to see him praised for a dumb act that he was LUCKY enough to get away with .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts