Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of noise going on, but time to stop for a minute.

·
21,956 Posts
It's hard to believe that was so long ago. The next election will have voters who were born after September 11th. Mind boggling.

God bless the families who lost loved ones, both in the attack and in the wars that followed.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Don't forgive. Don't ever forget.

Just bide our time and make sure there ain't anybody dumb enough to try to do it again left alive.

If love, like and respect aren't possible, then I guess good, old fashioned fear will have to do.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
May we never forget what happened and do everything that we can to prevent it from ever happening again to honor all who were lost.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
To these young people who riot and loot, it's as distant a memory as Pearl Harbor. Many of them weren't even born when this happened. I doubt our country will ever be as unified as it was those few months after 9/11, but I hope I'm wrong. God bless the families of those lost that day.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Lots of noise going on, but time to stop for a minute.

I was in the North Tower when the first plane struck, got out only to see and hear the second plane strike the South Tower.
I will never forget the sights, sounds and smells I experienced that fateful day. I repeat the story to anyone that will listen, not to talk about what I did and experienced but to remind others that we were attacked, here on our soil and over 3,000 regular citizens, Police, Firefighters, Military and First Responders were murdered by Muslim fanatics. Never Forget!

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
Sadly, it seems as the vast majority of people have forgotten 9/11 part 2...9/11/12 or better known as Benghazi. Keep those folks in your prayers and memories as well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
After 19 years I choose not to watch. I saw it once as it all unfolded and that was enough. I can replay the events in my mind at will and it always ends the same.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I still believe, to this day, that Bush should have ordered our largest nuclear bomb, be dropped on bin laden's strongholds. Our reply should have been swift, and inhuman.
I would have been cool with a 24 hours a day round robin of bombers carrying conventional weapons until his mountain was a hole in the ground and the valley was glass. Might take a month or two, but it would send the same message without the radioactive or political fallout of a nuke.

If he escapes, repeat on his new location. W. had already warned the world that they were either for us or against us on the matter. If he's hiding in their country... Well, you've been warned, so you best go hide in the corner and shake until we get done taking care of unfinished business.

No need in wasting a nuke when conventional munitions will do the job. It would just take a little longer but it would still do the job.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Premium Member
12,529 Posts
May God rest the souls of all that were lost and bless those that ran to their aid. I was about 30 miles away in New Jersey and listening to WCBS news radio out of NYC when it happened. You used to hear about small planes hitting NYC buildings every now and then so I didn't take too much notice to the first report, but when the second plane struck I knew this was no accident. I think most people were in shock that day. Being used to the airplane traffic in that area, it was eerily quiet in the days that followed. The only planes I saw were military flying cap in the area. The nationalistic fervor that followed hadn't been seen since WWII, but unfortunately it didn't last long. Sorry to say neither did the praise and appreciation for New York's finest.

·
Super Moderator
35,545 Posts
I was enroute to ORD for my job as Operations Safety Coordinator when the first tower was struck and the radio broke in to report that what they thought was a small plane had hit the WTC. Now it was my habit to check system weather every morning so I knew that the East coast was clear and sunny just like the Midwest as I drove along in my Miata with the top down. As I pulled past the guard shack the second tower was hit and I knew that it was no accident. The next couple of hours hundreds of aircraft landed and the skies were quiet over O'Hare for the first time ever.

I will never forget. Then I think of growing up in the 50's and just 10-15 years after Pearl Harbor and the beginning of the US involvement in the 4+ years of war that killed millions and the significance of December 7th, 1941 was lost on my generation.

AA NYC.jpg

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I would have been cool with a 24 hours a day round robin of bombers carrying conventional weapons until his mountain was a hole in the ground and the valley was glass. Might take a month or two, but it would send the same message without the radioactive or political fallout of a nuke.

If he escapes, repeat on his new location. W. had already warned the world that they were either for us or against us on the matter. If he's hiding in their country... Well, you've been warned, so you best go hide in the corner and shake until we get done taking care of unfinished business.

No need in wasting a nuke when conventional munitions will do the job. It would just take a little longer but it would still do the job.
You know, there is a finite amount of munitions for us to drop. To do what you suggest, would take so many bombs that we'd have to have the bomb makers spool up new ones for a few months just to have enough for a continuous carpet-bombing like that. We don't have a military like we did in WWII, our forces are geared more to precision strikes and smart bombs, which again are inventoried in a finite number. There are only so many.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I was driving on the 2nd shift at a test track for the National Center for Asphalt Technology at the time. That night, there was no aircraft in the sky. NONE.

'Bout 10:30-11PM that night, I was on the far side of the track going through a curve that had been blasted out of a hill. They cut the road bed through the hill and had left cliff like embankments on both sides. Around half way through it, I heard what I thought was a flat tire. The exit was at the end of the back straight, so I radioed in saying that I had a tire down. The guy opposite side of the track from me said that it must be really bad because he could hear it, too. The sound got louder and louder (like, "rattling your teeth, this ain't a flat tire," loud) and then I noticed a black shape moving against the night sky that had passed right over me.

A CH-53 Super Stallion was flying blacked out (no lights on at all) had just passed over me flying at tree top level (low enough that I saw the blue of his exhausts) and he wasn't lingering around in the slightest.

Odd thing is, I could see that it had a refueling probe sticking out in front of it and that wasn't normal equipment at the time- except on the Pave-Low special operations variant, so I figured somebody decided that they needed somebody at Ft Benning (about 40 miles away from the track) to be someplace else with a quickness.

Don't know who he was with. Don't know who he was carrying or where they was going. Don't even want to know why they decided that they needed to be flying across Alabama blacked out and nap of the Earth but he made an impression on me.

·
Premium Member
12,529 Posts
“One of the worst days in America’s history saw some of the bravest acts in Americans’ history. We’ll always honor the heroes of 9/11. And here at this hallowed place, we pledge that we will never forget their sacrifice.”
President George W. Bush in 2008

1 - 20 of 20 Posts