Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded into a nice 85UL revolver today, I really liked the look of it, the trigger, the weight. I looked up the Taurus website and saw that there was no gun just listedas an "85". I assume that model name has been upgraded.
This gun looks like new, I don't think it's been shot much. I didn't see a way to find out when it was made.
The serial number is CW 251xx. Any idea when it was made? I assume it doesn't fall in the new Limited Lifetime Warranty. What warranty would apply to this, if any?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,982 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
I traded into a nice 85UL revolver today, I really liked the look of it, the trigger, the weight. I looked up the Taurus website and saw that there was no gun just listedas an "85". I assume that model name has been upgraded.
This gun looks like new, I don't think it's been shot much. I didn't see a way to find out when it was made.
The serial number is CW 251xx. Any idea when it was made? I assume it doesn't fall in the new Limited Lifetime Warranty. What warranty would apply to this, if any?
Thanks

Congrats on getting an excellent BUG.

·
Registered
602 Posts
From the Taurus website today:

Limited Lifetime Warranty
The following Taurus handguns, previously covered under a one-year warranty, will now be covered under a Limited Lifetime Warranty:
Taurus® G2c, G2s, TH series, Taurus TX22, 1911 Commander, 1911 Officer, Taurus Spectrum®, Raging Hunter®, 856, and 692 revolvers.
Original purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty will be pleased to learn their firearm will be covered under this new Limited Lifetime Warranty.
All legacy firearms covered under the original lifetime warranty will remain covered by that warranty.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the Taurus website today:

Limited Lifetime Warranty

Original purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty will be pleased to learn their firearm will be covered under this new Limited Lifetime Warranty.
All legacy firearms covered under the original lifetime warranty will remain covered by that warranty.

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Congrats on your new to you revolver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had mine for a few years, the grips are a pair of compaq grips for the M85 sadly no longer being made this pair I've had for 26yrs and before you ask no the J frame version doesn't fit.(ask me how I know).
I just e-mailed Taurus with my serial# and asked them for a date should hear back In a few days.
Nice find.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the 85 out to the range today, in between rain. It shot great. It has some kick, but nothing bad. It's a good gun.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Thanks guys. I looked up the serial number on the Taurus, but didn't see a date in the description.
This is it. The original owner added the grips, he said they were from Taurus. He also did a Wolff spring upgrade.
It's a sweet little gun
Looks great! Like the grips.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Anything "85" is .a good great gun. Congratulations

Reactions: potmetal
1 - 11 of 11 Posts